Author Topic: Ann Lounton  (Read 4596 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Ann Lounton
« on: Wednesday 21 June 06 18:21 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any Lounton family that once lived in Tweedmouth Berwick .My Grt Grt Grt grandmother was Ann lounton she was the daughter of George and had a daughter out of wedlock named Martha born about 1832 who went on to marry James Thompson somewhere in the borders .I have paid for a search for this marriage at the Berwick archives ,they could not find anything for me the marriage would be about1854  .James and Martha,s family are all listed as living at  Scremerston in the 1881 cencus .One of their sons John went on to marry Jane Stuart Turnbull I have all this family ,my grandmother was one of their girls named Martha who married Walter Stark my mother was their daughter Jane Stuart Stark .I would be grateful for any help to find the marriage of Martha and James to help me go further
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Lounton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 June 06 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth

Do you have a date and place of birth for one of James and Martha's children. If they were born in Scotland after 1854, their parents wedding date should appear on the birth certificate.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 22:08 BST (UK) »
Dear Gadget,

Been away over the weekend sorry for the delay .
All I have about the Lountons is Martha was the illegitimate daughter of Ann she was born abt 1833 at Tweedmouth

I don't know if Ann married

Martha married James Thompson and I cannot find the marriage .I paid for a search with no luck their first born was Martha born Borewell Scremerston near Berwick upon Tweed.In the 1881 census Martha has her grandfather and uncle living with her both named George .Thanks
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth

Hope you enjoyed your weekend  :)

What I really needed were rough dates of her children. I'll check the 1881 census.  So don't worry.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 22:18 BST (UK) »
I see that all but James were born Northumberland. James is the only one born Scotland.
I suggest you put this request on that board. People there might have more info.

Gadget

Berwick on Tweed is in Northumberland England

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 22:41 BST (UK) »
Great thanks
Yes we had a nice weekend with no phone calls from the family
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 23:25 BST (UK) »
Will try that thanks
Elizabeth