Author Topic: Look Up Request: Birth and Marriage for surname WINN, WYNN or WYNNE  (Read 3022 times)

Offline lvninthepast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Look Up Request: Birth and Marriage for surname WINN, WYNN or WYNNE
« on: Wednesday 21 June 06 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi!  This is my first time trying to research my WINN family line in Ireland.  I only recently discovered that they came from Ireland.  I have the census data for this family from 1851-to 1911 and discovered in the 1871 census that the parents of my line originated in Dublin, Ireland.  The surname has been recorded as Winn, Wynn and Wynne at different times but in the end my family surname is Winn (in Ontario, Canada).  I have my great grandfather's WWI records from Canada (they family immigrated in 1913 to Ontario) and the census data up to 1901 in England, Oldham, Lancashire to be specific.

What I am hoping for is some assistance with the marriage registry of William Winn (born 1800 Dublin Ireland) and Mary (born 1802 Dublin Ireland) and then their birth registries once we locate Mary's maiden name.  The first child I have listed for the family is William Winn who was born in 1827 in Ashton, Lancashire, England.

I'd really appreciate any help that can be provided.  Thank you! Rhondda
Green (Glamorgan)<br />Hunt (Taff Well, Pontypridd, Bethnal Green)<br />Pugsley (Bristol) Aston (Pontycymmer)<br />Winn,<br />Springer<br />Spearing<br />Barnett<br />Hickey<br />McCann<br />Broadbent (Oldham)<br />Census information for  U.K. data is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Canadian census information: copyright Government of Canada (Library  Archives Canada) <br />Every reasonable effort has been made to verify copyright/source information