Author Topic: Looking for a HAYWARD connection between the Royal Houses  (Read 11383 times)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a HAYWARD connection between the Royal Houses
« Reply #27 on: Friday 30 June 06 03:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
Just to point out: The 40 yr old James Arthur HAYWARD  whom Jorose found returning to USA via New York  in Jan 1922 is the right man (if we accept the 1920/30 Census is the right family) - all 5'4", fair complexion, Brown Hair Blues Eyes of him....... ;D

The manifest says:
His is a Waiter
His home in NY is 534 W 53rd Street - same address as the 1920 Census (he says he owns it on the manifest, but Census says he rents)
His Address in England was Mrs Hayward, 43 Shakespeare Road, Walthamstow, E.
He was previously in USA 1906 - 1921.
There is also a marking on his entry near his name & occupation which I think may be reference to his Naturalisation certificate number: 4-3651.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 30 June 06 04:09 BST (UK) »
thank you for the info on this
I am researching the following names
husband's father side: Russo, Grasso,  Gere, Quackenbush, Hayward, Jackman, Davis, Jessop & Deaves, Pike Moore, newman, Harcourt, Beaumont, Hamilton,

husband mother side: Native American:Wengard, Renolds
Jones, Rinehart, Hammann, Kurthe

My mother's side: Grappone, Miano, Famiglietti,

My dad's side Donegal, Ireland: Carr, Campbell, McShane, Hawkin(Harkin), McCarthy, Gillespie, Cunningham, McHugh, McClafferty, Doherty, Cassidy, Bryne, O'Byrne, O'Donnell,

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 30 June 06 16:39 BST (UK) »
Ambly,

you asked me how sure i was with catherine's last name. my answer is this, my soruce is my husband her gg. grandson, plus her daughter justine is still alive and healthy and that is where i got it from also justine is my husband grandmother. so i know the last name is good.
husband's father side: Russo, Grasso,  Gere, Quackenbush, Hayward, Jackman, Davis, Jessop & Deaves, Pike Moore, newman, Harcourt, Beaumont, Hamilton,

My dad's side Donegal, Ireland: Carr, Campbell, McShane, Hawkin(Harkin), McCarthy, Gillespie, Cunningham, McHugh, McClafferty, Doherty, Cassidy, Bryne, O'Byrne, O'Donnell,

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 30 June 06 17:23 BST (UK) »
hey everybody keep posting i am justing writing to tell anyone who post here that i will be away till tuesday camping with my family ..... just wanted to say to everyone ... I hope everyone enjoys there 4th of July weekend and please drive carefully. :) ;) :D ;D 8) :-*

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 30 June 06 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Starnamminhee, Have a good weekend, no holiday this side of the pond.  Looks like the children were all born in the US which explains why I couldn't find them in England. Are you happy that the Haywards Ambly found are yours? If so do you want us to trace the family further back?
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 30 June 06 17:44 BST (UK) »
jaywit,

i am sorry that you don't have this weekend off like us here in the states and yes i am very happy that she found them in the us. and if you want to. we can go back farther i want to see where this line ends up? and thank you for your help with this and ambly's and everyone else.  i really appericate it. i can't express my feelings on the computer it is virtually impossible but i am very very very happy :) ;) ;D :D 8) :-*

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 30 June 06 18:53 BST (UK) »
You have the census returns for 1881, 1891 and 1901 so lets go further back. Firstly a couple of registrations. James birth December quarter 1880, registered in Lambeth reference number 1d 460. Then Robert's marriage to his first wife and James mother Ellen Pike. The marriage registered at Andover Hampshire December quarter 1874 reference number 2c 501.
1871 census return Robert Hayward age 18 single born West Grinstead, blacksmith is lodging in Southampton Hampshire, another lodger is another blacksmith of the same age who was born Andover Hampshire. I wonder if Robert met Ellen though this mutual friend? Ellen now, and here is something that you  realize how things can pass down a family unknowingly. You said one of the Hayward sisters was a nun, they are religious leanings in the Pike family but a different kind of Christianity.
1871 Andover Hampshire Benjamin Pike 60 Carpenter and Primitive Methodist preacher, Mary Ann age 56, Joshua 23, carpenter, Ellen 14 dressmakers apprentice, Elfrida 12 and staying with the family Bethsheba Pike age 66.This is the explanation of primative methodism.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primitive_Methodist_Church
I will look further back later.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

Offline AllieCarr-Russo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 30 June 06 18:56 BST (UK) »
ok can you get dates on when they wher born, died and married also the places too? this is great so far thank you

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 30 June 06 19:00 BST (UK) »
You have to send for the actual certificates to find out the full details, it is possible to do it online from the US if you have a credit card, but don't think about it yet, wait till you know exactly which certificates you want and order them together.