Author Topic: Distrestoration - for those with imagination but not many photos  (Read 14716 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Distrestoration - for those with imagination but not many photos
« Reply #27 on: Friday 23 June 06 14:53 BST (UK) »
Come on you lot - I detect a bit of depression creeping in.

Go create  ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 23 June 06 14:53 BST (UK) »
disability is not a body thing if you can find a way to do something to your satisfaction you are not disabled merely hindered.

A favourite of mine is " How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are". That equates to the dog with three legs; he still thinks like a dog with four and does not realise that he is disabled - therefore it isn't a problem.
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 23 June 06 14:54 BST (UK) »
I'm still 22 - in my head ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 23 June 06 14:59 BST (UK) »
Then you're 22. The aches, pains and problems are in the left side of your brain and are therefore none existant.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 23 June 06 15:01 BST (UK) »
Then you're 22. The aches, pains and problems are in the left side of your brain and are therefore none existant.

Denn

That's the spirit

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline runner

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 23 June 06 15:18 BST (UK) »
Love it Denn

But then I never did count birthdays.

Unlike the dog minus a leg I think I would fall over   ;D  ;D

Russell (aged ???)
1941-2016
Oman in Caithness, Reside in Renfrewshire,
Roan or Rowan Kirkcudbrightshire/Ayrshire
Watsons in Kilrenny and Mortons in Edinburgh.

Offline Hopton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 24 June 06 08:42 BST (UK) »
I am a bit like Kerry with this, I have an image of them in my mind, also like to give them a character, though I had not thought of creating an image for them.

I like your ideas Gadget, but I have a lot of conflicts between my left and right side of my brain, the left side doesn't always do what its told (Its still refuses to do the speed reading thing) ;D

Also I had a bit of a shock recently when I received a photo of my Great Grandmother whom I had never seen before, I had built up my own image and felt I had got to know her quite well with all the research I had done on her, when the photo arrived it just did not fit with the person I had come to know :o

Janet.
Hopton in Yorkshire, Simkiss in Manchester, Oldland in Staffordshire, Garratt in Northamptonshire, Thornthwaite in Cumberland, Wolfenden in Oldham, Howe in Cumberland/Westmorland, Taylor in Cumberland/Westmorland, Shaw in Cumberland/Westmorland, Lee in Rochdale,  Jackson in Burnley, Shotton in Northumberland/Durham, Slater in Skipton, Laidman in Northumberland.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 24 June 06 08:46 BST (UK) »
I suppose that's always the worry isn't it, but at least with my ggggg grandfather George when he died in 1857, it was unlikely a photo had been taken of him to ruin my image!!

I'm seriously thinking about getting some paints and paper and having a go.  I have all these colours in my head associated with him, red face, dark red - Sussex cattle, green of the High Weald where he farmed, brown the soil.

Hmm where's my nearest art shop!

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Hopton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 24 June 06 08:51 BST (UK) »
Yes Kerry I might give it a go as well, and we should all post our efforts on here ;D

Just see what Gadgets started now ::)
Hopton in Yorkshire, Simkiss in Manchester, Oldland in Staffordshire, Garratt in Northamptonshire, Thornthwaite in Cumberland, Wolfenden in Oldham, Howe in Cumberland/Westmorland, Taylor in Cumberland/Westmorland, Shaw in Cumberland/Westmorland, Lee in Rochdale,  Jackson in Burnley, Shotton in Northumberland/Durham, Slater in Skipton, Laidman in Northumberland.