Author Topic: 1841 Rochdale Lookup please  (Read 4807 times)

Offline cslayton19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Rochdale Lookup please
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Suzyf, thanks for seeding this family question resulting in these postings.
I have one yDNA project member who probably descends from Rochdale Sladens, so anyone interested in those lines, please contact me at the e-mail addresses at Slaton DNA on Family Tree DNA (http://www.familytreedna.com/public/SSSFP_YDNA) or search the surname on the Guild of One Name Studies, I administer both projects.
We are seeking surname bearers or sponsors for them who are interested in the genetic genealogy of the Sladens (we have one result each from claimed Kent and Lancashire "branches.") All of our results on Family Tree DNA by using the link above or SEARCHing on most engines for Slaton DNA, but of course names are protected for privacy, only kit codes and claimed oldest ancestors show when provided.
Our descendant was from a man who claimed Rochdale birth in 1840 and he lived a colorful life in the American Civil War and met with Cochise, he rec'd two medical degrees (when it was not a tough as that would be now). His son became commandant of West Point Military Academy. We are hoping to find some matching patrilines outside of the U.S.
Acc to McKinley's surname series, there was a village named Sladen between Todmorden and Littleborough, and I suspect a variant Sladden is also genetically or genealogically connected, but we need yDNA to go with our paper-trails!