Author Topic: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2  (Read 4103 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
Spooky experiences while researching Part 2
« on: Sunday 25 June 06 13:44 BST (UK) »
I decided to start a new thread with this subject as these pictures will get lost

The main story is here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,134170.0.html

Here are the two pictures. The 1st was drawn by me in November 2005 and the photo was given to me in December 2005.

Check both of them out and see if you can find the man in the drawn picture in the photo.

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 June 06 14:19 BST (UK) »
Think it's that man next to the bridgroom Carol - but he's grown a moustache and hisears have changed :o
Otherwise it'a the one onthe extreme right - but  ???
Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 June 06 14:23 BST (UK) »
Oh dear  :-\

I was hoping you would pick the same one as me. Quite a few have said that but the man you picked was his brother Thomas.

Try again? Clue - the groom is his brother  David so that leaves two men.

Look carefully especially at the shirt

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 June 06 14:34 BST (UK) »
I modified the message Carol. But my first choice looks rather spooky - it seemed to draw me to him, it was only when I went back and looked again that I notice him on the end. Even weirder - as if he was hiding from me  ???

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 June 06 14:40 BST (UK) »
Strange you should say that as when I first got the photo I never noticed him. Two days later while cropping those whose names I knew, I "saw" him

Very spooky - right down to the shirt collar shape - everyone else has ponted collars. His is the only rounded one

He's hidden from me for so long and then once he appears everything about him, his mother and grandparents shows up

Carol

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 June 06 14:43 BST (UK) »
Here's his cropped picture and drawn picture together

Carol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 June 06 15:00 BST (UK) »
Here we are Carol - maybe a bit small but :

Gadget

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 25 June 06 15:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget

Couldn't get the 2nd one to come up

Much better

Now what do you think?

Carol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 June 06 15:21 BST (UK) »
Different eyes and nose - the nose could be explained by memory but the eyes, I'm sure, you would have drawn as deep set and the brows are heavier. Same shapedface though.

But I think I'll let others comment now.

Gadget