Author Topic: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 June 06 23:37 BST (UK) »
What do you think about the two men Tomkin? Are they the same person?   Carol did the drawing from a dream and then was given the picture later.

The eyes are certainly different but the face seems the same shape and it is a distinctive shape - not like you'd normally draw a man's face - pointed chin and such like.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 June 06 23:50 BST (UK) »
Sorry but on those matters I am afraid I'm a total
sceptic.

Tomkin :) :) :)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 June 06 02:38 BST (UK) »
Awww Tomkin, you're no fun  ;D  Even Gadget is entertaining a microscopical level of possibility with this one!!

Prue

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 26 June 06 03:37 BST (UK) »
Is it possible that you met this man as child and something triggered a memory, hence the dream?

I have a similar spooky story that's too long to tell in detail here,  but a shortened version, I found a photo of a man in a book I picked totally at random in a library, who looked a great deal like my Grandfather and his details even fitted what very little we knew of my Grandfather's dad (he was illegit).

I posted photos of the two of them to gauge rootschatters opinions in case I was seeing what I wanted to see.  I never knew the book existed until that day.

Here's the link 

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,141264.0.html

:o
Cazza
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 26 June 06 13:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Cazza

Not a chance that we ever met.

I was born in 1960 and we lived in Ty Croes area whereas he lived in Holyhead. He died there in 1962 and we left Wales in 1964.
I already asked my Mum if I had ever met him and she said she never went up near Holyhead in the time between 1960 and 1962 as her mother lived just around the corner and Dad's parents were in Bangor.

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 26 June 06 13:47 BST (UK) »
Could he have looked like any of the family Carol and your dream mixed up faces of them? Most people draw faces from memory/immagination like ones they are familiar with. It's only when you have to draw the figure/portrait from life that you draw what you see (and even that is subjective). I haven't done any portraits for a good while but if I doodle one they always look the same.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 26 June 06 13:51 BST (UK) »
My Mum said that the picture looked like an older version of her brother but her is only 50 whereas this picture looks about 60 +

The thing is I didn't just see him when I was dreaming - he also appeared just before I fell asleep (when I had just laid down to sleep so still wide awake) and this happened for about a week before I decided to draw him.

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline pipkim

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 26 June 06 13:55 BST (UK) »
Carol,

Have you ever shown the picture to your friend who is a medium? may be they can get a feeling from the picture  :o :o ;D

It's all very interesting, I missed him too. When I looked at the picture, I was drawn to the man with the white mustache and lady with the bouquet.

Pipkim  :)
Cheshire - Shustoke, Atherstone, Nuneaton, Birmingham
Morgan - Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester, Birmingham (Morjeanstern - France, Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester)
Quinn/Quin - Ireland, Liverpool, Leicester, Birmingham
Bailey/Health/Andrews - Birmingham, (Stepney briefly), Smethwick, Bristol
Thomas/Keen - Oxfordshire, Westminster
Hooker - Odiham, Romsey, IofW, Basingstoke, London St Geo Sq

Census information is Crown Copyright, from National Archives

Offline CarolBurns

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 26 June 06 14:07 BST (UK) »
Now I come to think about it, everytime I have seen David (medium friend) I have never even thought about the picture to show him. And I have been into the office many a time for something for him and the picture is on the board above the laptop! You'd think I would have seen it and thought to show him wouldn't you?

I think I am going to have to have a word with the three youngest still living even though they are unsure whether they want to keep in contact. I think a letter and a copy of the picture might be in order

This man is definitely hiding something but what?

Nobody seems to see him until I mention him in the corner

Carol