Author Topic: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2  (Read 4100 times)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky experiences while researching Part 2
« Reply #27 on: Monday 26 June 06 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi PrueM,
Awww Tomkin, you're no fun    Even Gadget is entertaining a microscopical level of possibility with this one!!

It's a long time since I separated reality and fantasy, and I am a person who loves
fantasy and mysticism.   It's probably because I have always been in awe of the human body and especially the brain and the effects that they have in every second of our lives.
I think that attributing mystical events to normal day to day activities is not for me.
 Having said that,( having a very active imagination), I can quite often be scared due to
some occurrence.  It's just that I have always found the real reason for the occurrence
because I am a nosy sod and and I'm like a bull dog, I won't let go.
    Even though I am a sceptic I will always listen to other people and will never think less
of them no matter what views or beliefs they have. Who knows they may be rightand
anyway they are all lovely people.
         I have just done a spell check (which has stopped freezing up my computer) and it
suggests that I alter " I am a SCEPTIC to I am a SEPTIC.  Somebody may be trying to tell
me something.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Please do not take any of my personal views as any critiscm of yourselves because I
think you are all great (and that is not B****** )
 Best Regards,Tomkin
        ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pipkim

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 26 June 06 14:49 BST (UK) »
I've just finished Will Storr v the Supernatural. It's a good read, scary in parts (well the beginning really). He is a journalist, who has been asked to investigate the supernatural from a sceptics point of view. He didn't really come up with any answers, but seem less of a sceptic by the end. I suppose that helps sell the book, to some of us anyway,  ;) or I wouldn't have bought the book.

Pipkim
Cheshire - Shustoke, Atherstone, Nuneaton, Birmingham
Morgan - Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester, Birmingham (Morjeanstern - France, Liverpool, Burnley, Leicester)
Quinn/Quin - Ireland, Liverpool, Leicester, Birmingham
Bailey/Health/Andrews - Birmingham, (Stepney briefly), Smethwick, Bristol
Thomas/Keen - Oxfordshire, Westminster
Hooker - Odiham, Romsey, IofW, Basingstoke, London St Geo Sq

Census information is Crown Copyright, from National Archives

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 26 June 06 14:51 BST (UK) »
Tomkin, petal

I never hold anyone's opinion against them - ever. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and shoud  never be judged for this.

We have great fun in our family as I am a spiritual person and my sister in law is a Jehovah's Witness. I have had a few tasteful (sarcasm there) things said about me by her. I told her that what she believed was her choice and what I believed was mine - end of story. We now just get on with it. No arguing, she speaks to me (usually when she will gain something from it) and we hug when she arrives or goes.

That's the way I am - if everyone was the same the world would be a boring place don't you think? A bit of a banter about differences always makes a nice change.

And thank you for the lovely compliment - you're not so bad yourself  :-*

Carol

Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 26 June 06 15:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol,
                        You're my kind of person. It's when people, for some unknown
reason, take difference as a personal insult to themselves that the trouble
starts.

You and me will agree to disagree and we will form a mutual back slapping
society, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 Tomkin (AKA Tomkin The SEPTIC  SCEPTIC)
   P.S good luck with the research

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 26 June 06 15:24 BST (UK) »
Awww Tomkin, you're no fun  ;D  Even Gadget is entertaining a microscopical level of possibility with this one!!

Prue

Been trying to sort out my tele Prue. It hasn't been the same since we had a little technical difficulty last week (Tomkin knows all about it).

I always entertain microsopical levels of possibility, as Carol knows, but also, like Tomkin I'm nosey and will nag at a problem until I find an answer that I can accept.

I'm still not sure about this one. I don't think the drawing is  a match, but.........

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 02 July 06 15:47 BST (UK) »
My friend (a fellow researcher) has recently moved from France to Ireland.  On her last day in France, neighbours called round for a coffee.  They were sitting at the kitchen table when the neighbour (a woman) said... Who do you know called Joseph?

My friend said she only knew of one Joseph and that was her great grandfather, whom she had been researching.

The neighbour said ... He's standing right behind you, in fact there is quite a group.  He says..The more you search the stronger you will become....

:o :o :o

I expect my great grandfather George Henry Bowyer is looking over my shoulder and having a good laugh, because I can't trace him.  Come on Geo Hy. give us a clue  ;)

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 04 September 06 06:49 BST (UK) »
Well now!
Sorry to spannerise the work's but my vote goes to the man with the triangular"chop's".'Im what's on the end is hidden,not hiding,until you get "History"out of the way!
Think what that say's,History is blocking him out,what history?If any, concerning him.
"Eye's were drawn" to the happy couple,and there was a triangular fizzog,So,his history is known,is it his story that is getting in the way,blocking "round collar",who has given a clue in that collar,that all is not as it seem's
'Tache's are grown and shaved off as and when required,so maybe a situation arose where one would serve a particular purpose,you name it!
I think that's enuff for now!
                  Goggy. ;) ;D ::)