Author Topic: The Downton Moodys  (Read 3846 times)

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
The Downton Moodys
« on: Monday 26 June 06 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Wiltshire Board......anyone who has anything at all to do with the Downton Moodys maybe able to help me  ;)

Looking for a Sarah Moody who married William Curtis of Breamore in 1813. She came from Downton so maybe someone has her in their tree. Any little snippets of info gratefully received. Her first child was born in1814.

best wishes to all  cheryle.f
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: The Downton Moodys
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi cheryle.f
Could only find the following marrige in Downton...........

10 Jun 1813 sarah Moody of this parish to William Curtis of Breamore, by banns.   Witnesses were John Eldridge and William Pope

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 17:39 BST (UK) »
 ;D Once again Dave you are a gentleman and a scholar ;D ....now just to try and find which line of Moodys she came from :-\

Thanks yet  again  cheryle.f
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 18:50 BST (UK) »
My pleasure Cheryle.f.   Do you know how old she was when married?   If I have a rough idea I'll look for a baptism in a few days.   I think I did look but didn't find anything.   Could have missed her with all the spidery writing and with my 2nd best specs   ;D
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 June 06 19:18 BST (UK) »
 :) Hello Dave...my families only consisted of the Grays, Mussellwhites who all hailed from Downton, and  the Curtis family of Breamore.,  Mary Ann Curtis  from Breamore  married into the Gray family in Downton. I was tracking the Breamore Curtis family and only found out recently that Mary Anns  Grandmother Sarah (nee Moody) was originally from Downton as well. I think from my first findings that she was 56 in the 41 census, so born approx 1785.

Thanks for your time and your interest.
                      cheryle

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 July 06 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheryle

Baptisms, Downton Parish

21 Jun 1785 Sarah dau of Thomas and Hester Moody
26 Aug 1792 Elixabeth dau of Thomas and Esther (sic) Moody
5 Oct 1797 Anne dau of Thomas and Hester Moody

Cheers Dave

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 September 06 20:04 BST (UK) »
 :) Hello Dave...just checking in to let you know i wasn't being  rude  in not replying....i just wasn't here. I departed from my home on the 7th July and only got back yesterday. I have been working on a campsite at Osmington in Weymouth for the last 8 weeks and was delighted to get yet another bit of info from yourself.  :D Thank you so much for the baptism info on Sarah, its enabled me to get back another generation.

I just feel embarrased that i've  never been able to supply you with any info....in actuall fact i cannot remember you actually asking for anyones help. Are you a bottomless pit of knowledge or is there bits of info that you still need for yourself :-\

grateful thanks again  cheryle.f

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 December 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cheryle.f
Sorry not to have not responded to your most generous message but I don't seem to be getting e-mail prompts to all counties.

Far from being a bottomless pit of knowledge I am rather a  puny scrape in the sand  ;D.   I enjoy trawling through records and being close to the WSRO (plus free bus pass) I get pleasure from finding info for others also.

There are loads of loose ends I'd love to tie up such as the elusive Joseph Trow in Montgomeryshire, Abraham Foster in Liverpool and the impossible Edward Clements somewhere in UK (a soldier).   Not to mention Isaac Milliner in Cold Ashton, Gloucestershire - the line ends with his marriage as there are no PRs before 1790.

Best of luck, Dave

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 17 December 06 22:47 GMT (UK) »
 :) GOOD EVENING DAVE..... Your never ending help to others is an inspiration to all :D and l hope that some of the little branches of your own tree come in to fruition in 2007 :) :) :)

very best christmas wishes cheryle.f