Author Topic: Eaton family last known in Kyle, Wexford  (Read 2227 times)

Offline sydes2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Eaton family last known in Kyle, Wexford
« on: Tuesday 27 June 06 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have just found that my g.grandmother moved back across Ireland and is listed as living in Sarn (or Saon), Kyle, Wexford in Nov 1900, possibly with her daughter, Ellen.

My grandfather gives this address when he signed up to join the Royal Artillery at Althlone - but is seems a bit far away - would an 18 year old have travelled so far to join? Prior to that he was a garedener. Does anyone have any information on Kyle or the Eaton family in Wexford at this time. I believe that my g.grandfather may have died here in about 1892 - he was a scripture reader for Church of Ireland previously.

Can anyone help?

thanks Eliana
Brudno of Smorgon; ffolliott of Ireland; Eaton of Ireland; Sydes or Sides of Ireland; Dawes of Kimpton; Bromham; Fry of Curry Rivel; Bradlaw of Ireland and England; Pigg of Northumberland; Bartlett; Seagar; Isaacs; Moss; Lyons; Levy; Simon; Stevens of Portsmouth; Hicks;

Offline weisford

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eaton family last known in Kyle, Wexford
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 September 07 20:59 BST (UK) »
There is a SION near Kyle in The Parish Of Crossabeg

Offline sydes2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Eaton family last known in Kyle, Wexford
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 21:17 GMT (UK) »
HI,

I have the death record of my g.grandfather Alexander Eaton - school master, death at Kyle, Crossabeg in 1892. Does anyone have access to the school registers of any of the 3 schools in Crossabeg please? He was C of I, but widow's address listed as Saon (Sion) which was the National School

thanks Eliana
Brudno of Smorgon; ffolliott of Ireland; Eaton of Ireland; Sydes or Sides of Ireland; Dawes of Kimpton; Bromham; Fry of Curry Rivel; Bradlaw of Ireland and England; Pigg of Northumberland; Bartlett; Seagar; Isaacs; Moss; Lyons; Levy; Simon; Stevens of Portsmouth; Hicks;