Author Topic: Looking for descendants of owners of Rainbow Hall Farm-1860'S-GEORGE family  (Read 6730 times)

Offline atticus

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for descendants of owners of Rainbow Hall Farm-1860'S-GEORGE family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 September 09 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Yes I would be interested in sharing info. I am not related to the family but as I live close to the farm if I can help in any way with your research I would gladly help.  Local churches, graveyards or any way i can help

Atticus
Liverpool Taggart, Dowd, Lees, McClintock, Chadwick, Unsworth and Halsll

Offline dirtydavey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 February 10 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi There,

I am looking for my fmaily in Flamstead.  The Dunckleys seam to have a lot of history ther, in farming.  Would any one have any information on a william dunckley??

Any help would be great.

Dave

Offline atticus

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 February 10 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Not sure if this information is of any use to you.

It sounds like William Dunckley lived in The Old Lodge , River Hill and owned a Mill which  was on Chad Lane and tenanted by John Lea in 1842.
William Dunckley in 1838 owned some cottages in River Hill, Flamstead called Rose Cottages, with tentants William Grigg, William Farr and John Flitton (which is still a local name). These cottages were next to The Old Lodge. He also owned the old priory further down the hill.

Is James the butcher  also family ? And how about Septimus Dunckley?  There is a story about him in 1885.    Also Russell.       

Let me know if you know the stories, if not let me know and I will sent you a personal message .   
If you require any photos let me know, I could always take some.    (mind you might be local).

Atticus                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
Liverpool Taggart, Dowd, Lees, McClintock, Chadwick, Unsworth and Halsll

Offline dirtydavey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 February 10 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Wow thats great.

Thanks so much,  I am localish, I plan a visit soon.

All those names are on my fmaily tree.  But I have no information about them at all.  would be greeat if you could tell me any thing that you know.

Thanks

Dave