Author Topic: Regan/Reddy/ConnollyKane help please!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Bugsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Regan/Reddy/ConnollyKane help please!
« on: Tuesday 27 June 06 11:42 BST (UK) »
I need help trying to get some information on the following two couples who are my father's rellies.  The only details I have are as follows:
Patrick Kane (Shipyard Labourer) and Anne Connolly b 1835 and 1836 respectively, had a daughter called Mary Keane b 1854.  Not sure about other children.  They may not be from Sligo but are listed as born in Ireland, as they ended up in Scotland.
Bernard Regan (farmer) m Ellen Reddy b 1841 had at least four children who I have baptism details on, John, William, Jacob and Mary.  The four children went to Scotland but Bernard was still farming in 1893 in Sligo and Ellen had died previous to 1893.  ANY information on the farm, the births/deaths/marriages places would be desperately and and gratefully received!

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Regan/Reddy/ConnollyKane help please!
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bugsy,

What denomination were the Regan, Reddy, Connolly and Kane families?   

You'll have to rely on Church records as civil registration in Ireland was not introduced until 1864. Non Catholic marriages were registered from 1845 onwards. When registration for BDMS started in 1864 some people didn't bother with the registration for a few years after that date. Keep your fingers crossed that church records still exist.

Christopher