Author Topic: Markie  (Read 1998 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Markie
« on: Tuesday 27 June 06 19:35 BST (UK) »
I am doing my family tree of MARKIE, and have now got quite a bit of info on them going back to 1760. including other branches not connected to mine

Those connected
Markie - Northampton, London, New Zealand.

Not Connected
Markie, Scotland, Most end up to be MARKEY. (to 1860s)
            Manchester and Haltwhistle. (1880s)

Familys connecting to my Markie surname, which i have some info on
Stubbs- Northants, Staffs
Allen - Northants
Ashley- Northants
Brownsell - Northants, Bucks
Gibson- Northants
Whitehead- Northants, London, Berwickshire
Lewin - Bucks.
Greenough -  Northants

So if you have come across the surname Markie or connecting names then i would love to hear from you.

I am now got back to James Markie who was married in 1760 but i am unable to find his birth which i think is outside the county, and maybe spelt as MARKIE / MARKE / MARKEE / MARKEY / MARKY.

Regards Ian Markie
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline lesleyp1964

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Markie
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 07 21:22 GMT (UK) »
My mum was born marke, but got nickname at school as "markie"
Rumsey's in woolwich and canada, markes in london/hants. Browns in west yorkshire, and london

Offline MargC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Markey or Markee
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 March 12 21:59 BST (UK) »
 i'm interested in the Markey family of the Forest of Dean ie the Herefordshire / Gloucestershire border. I've got information about them going back to the late 17th century, thanks to someone in the USA who had done a lot of work on the family, but it would be great to be in touch with someone more local.