Author Topic: Samuel Saunders of Beachley, Gloucestershire  (Read 3387 times)

Offline msb

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Samuel Saunders of Beachley, Gloucestershire
« on: Tuesday 10 February 04 13:12 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help please?
My 3 x great grandmother, Rebecca Stenson, met a Mr Saunders of Beachley, Gloucestershire, on a stage coach and married him in the early 1800's. They had one daughter, Mary Ann Saunders, born about 1819. From her marriage certificate in 1839 I found out that his name was Samuel and he was a fishmonger, although in 1832 Rebecca had remarried, so presumably he died before then.
That is the sum total of my knowledge of my 3 x great grandfather, and I'd like to know more!
I've drawn a complete blank everywhere I've looked so far. Does anyone have any information about him or any suggestions where to go from here?

maidmarian

Re: Samuel Saunders of Beachley, Gloucestershire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 August 04 04:09 BST (UK) »
hello ,i am looking up stensons and have found info on
william, mary ann, charlotte [coleton 1800]
william [leics] 1832
the site is Coleville
http://genforum.genealogy.com/s/stenson/messages/109.html

Hi! Are you still researching William Stenson, and if so, how are you getting on?
I am William Stenson's 4 times great granddaughter and have just started trying to expand on my family tree started by my father in 1929, and would be grateful for any info you or anyone else have collected. I am descended from Rebecca, William's eldest child, via her only(?) child Mary Ann Saunders.
The Charlotte and William Stinson you are also asking about are William's daughter Charlotte STENSON, born Coleorton c.1800, who married a (presumed)distant relative (connection unknown as yet) William STENSON at St Margaret's Church, Leicester on 6th September 1832. She died at Ratby 1842 - as noted in one of the other follow-up messages. They had 4 children.
I have found quite a lot of information on a Coalville website, as follows : www.cv150.org.uk. I've contacted them by email but have yet to have a reply.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone connected!