Author Topic: PLUMB family from LAMBLEY, NOTTS  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Jason Ridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Newbie !
    • View Profile
PLUMB family from LAMBLEY, NOTTS
« on: Friday 30 June 06 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

i am trying to trace the family memebrs of my Grandfather ROY PLUMB.

I have only just managed to track down his father yesterday after weeks of trying, and now have managed to piece together this side of my family...

From what i gather, his grandparents etc.. all originated from the LAMBLEY area of NOTTS, my grandfather passed away last year, so it has been difficult trying to trace any members of his family.

Ok heres the big part, i am trying to track down any photos, certificates, images, etc etc to put together with my family tree.. it would be great if anyone could send me some info across.

My grandfathers dad was RHODES PLUMB (son of HENRY THOMAS and MARIA RILEY ) who married RUTH FORDHAM in Wakefield, they then moved back to CLOWNE in DERBYSHIRE where my grandfther was born.

if anybody could help me in my quest, then i would be eternally greatful

Please feel free to contact me or send me a PM if you can help,

All the best,

And Thanks,

jason ridge.

;) ;)
Thankyou Please !

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PLUMB family from LAMBLEY, NOTTS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 06 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

It doesn't say in your profile where you are based. Are you local to Notts, England or abroad?

I have looked on NFHS CDs

Lambley Baptisms  nil
              Marriages 1569 - 1901   (Plumb Groom 27, 1750 - 1883,  Bride  25, 1703 - 1890)
              Burialls 1813 - 1902 + 1 from 1970    (Plumb 65, 1813 - 1895)

Non refer to Rhodes Plumb. You have not included dates in your message. If you need any look ups in these dates please repost. I am here to help.

I cannot help with Wakefield or Clowne as they are not in Notts. You will need to post on Yorks and Derbys boards.

If you want general information on Lambley let me know the sort of info you need. I don't really know Lambley but I work near there and know people that live there. I also have access to lots of resources for Notts as that is my home county and where I live and work.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jason Ridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Newbie !
    • View Profile
Re: PLUMB family from LAMBLEY, NOTTS
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 July 06 00:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,

Sorry, i am based in Wakefield West Yorks, and ANY info on the Plumbs would be great, by all accounts they were a massive familly, each generation having between 10-13 children per household right back to the late 1700s early 1800s, i cant list all the names as i would be going on forever, but from the info that i have, they ralrley moved from NOTTS, LAMBELY at all, and just about all the family were born in that area..

If you still need more info, then let me know, might be best if you drop me a PM or private info, and then we can go from there.

Hope this is ok, great to here from you, and thanks for the help.

Jay x  :D
Thankyou Please !