Author Topic: Early US Census Question  (Read 784 times)

Offline Scottish2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Early US Census Question
« on: Friday 30 June 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have a question about the 1790, 1800, & 1810 US census. Anyone know why Georgia is not shown in the Census at least on Ancestry.com? Georgia joined the union on January 2, 1788.

So anyone know why it is not in the first 3 census for the US? Reason being I have relatives that were from Geogia at this time period so trying to trace down info on them as their new to my records so looking for more info on them.

TIA!

indiapaleale

Re: Early US Census Question
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 June 06 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi,
It is there...but it is a State Census.....not a Federal census.

Do you have Ancestry?..if so..click on  "search"..then "all databases"....then type in Georgia Data base in search box...it will come up.

If you don't have Ancestry...give us the names and I will have a peek

India

Offline Scottish2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Early US Census Question
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 June 06 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

TIA is Thanks In Advance.

Names Dave as in signature.

Now I did not find it the way you suggested all I got was 1830 until 1930. Now I did tried clicking the US map for Georgia and this did come up with some state census info but my ancestor did not come up. Maybe if you don't mind you can tru from your end if you are doing it a different way.

Thomas Franklin Thomason / March 23, 1804 – May 18, 1891
Sarah Ann Farmer / July 19, 1808 – March 14, 1891

Sarah is Thomas's wife married on March 13, 1825.

All info is from Habersham County Georgia. This is in NE portion of state not to far from where Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina & Tennessee all meet up. We have the dates from a historical book on Habersham county though this info is being sent to me by a very helpful lady in the probate office there. Have the names of Thomas's parents as I got lucky about 10 minutes ago and found Thomas's mothers name. I had his fatehrs name but just found the mothers name.  ;D So more interested in Sarah partly cause I know her father was a revoluntionary soldier so have an interest to find out more here.

TIA!