Author Topic: ELLIOT, STEVENSON, FAIRBAIRN, WALKER, SHIEL, SCOTT, DAGLEASH, DAVIDSON, FORSYTHE  (Read 17230 times)

Offline borderterrier4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIOT, STEVENSON, FAIRBAIRN, WALKER, SHIEL, SCOTT, DAGLEASH, DAVIDSON, FORSYTHE
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 12 October 06 21:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Seems like it!!!! ive never had so much info!!!!! in such a short space of time since i started 3 yrs ago

Margaret

Offline borderterrier4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIOT, STEVENSON, FAIRBAIRN, WALKER, SHIEL, SCOTT, DAGLEASH, DAVIDSON, FORSYTHE
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 12 October 06 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Marcam,

I asked as i have got pics of headstones (i only recieved yesterday) if you are interested.
Margaret

Offline Marcam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 13 October 06 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret,

Sorry I dont have any more info on her parents John and Helen,
but if I find any I will let you know.

:) :D

and yes I would be interested to see the photographs, youwill have to excuse me as I only registered last night, so am new to this side of researching
Marcam
Cameron Fortingall & Dunblane,
Keddies Melrose,  Roxburgh & Berwick,
Munro Monzie Logierait Perthshire,
Scott Kirriemuir & Little Dunkeld

Offline borderterrier4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 13 October 06 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Marcam,

I have got quite a bit here if you would like it including pics of her parents headstones.

Margaret

Offline LornaHen

• RootsChat Extra
  • A step backwards is great progress
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIOT, STEVENSON, FAIRBAIRN, WALKER, SHIEL, SCOTT, DAGLEASH, DAVIDSON, FORS
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 21 January 07 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Eric,
way back up this chain was a bit about an Isabel FAIRBAIRN and a George ELLIOT.
I've a note that an Isabella ELLIOT, illiterate, was the informant for the death of her brother James FAIRBAIRN in Jun 1859 at Malt Barns, Kelso.
James was single, 42, the s/o John F. (farm serv - dec) and Helen ms DODDS (dec).  Buried Churchyard of Kelso.
Is this the same one?
Not one of mine that I know of, just info I've collected along the way.
SCT: Henderson, Wight, Sinton, Fairbairn, Bain, Manson, Davidson, Runciman, Familton
ENG: Rowe, King, Barter, Andrews, Turnbull, Baty, Graham
NZ: Henderson, Andrews, Rowe, Turnbull
http://LornaHen.com
http://dnasurnames.info/

Offline gelpack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 21 January 07 00:25 GMT (UK) »
LornaHen,

You're a star. 
Yes, they are mine
I have very little info about the Fairbairn / Dodds side of the family and you have added a brilliant piece to the jig-saw
The Kelso connection may be a vital link to there origins
If you have any other info I would love to hear from you

Many thanks

Eric

Offline LornaHen

• RootsChat Extra
  • A step backwards is great progress
    • View Profile
Re: ELLIOT, STEVENSON, FAIRBAIRN, WALKER, SHIEL, SCOTT, DAGLEASH, DAVIDSON, FORS
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 21 January 07 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eric,
only the 1841 1851 and 1861 census transcripts from ancestry which show
1841 George/Isable living at Whitton, Morebattle with Joseph, Helen, Margaret, Jane and John
1851 George/Isabella living Ploughland Farm Crailing George 42 b Eckford, and Isabella 40 b Minto with Helen b Crailing; Margaret, Jane John and George all b Morebattle
1861 Isabella (no George) with Margaret, Jane and John.  By 1861 Isabella thinks she was born Lilliesleaf.
The 1851 b Minto matches my guess at which was her brother James in 1851.
There's a James of the right age, born Minto, as a servant with James and Euphemia WALDIE at Linton Mill, Linton.

I take it you've confirmed that this is your Isabella FAIRBAIRN?  She survived well into civil reg. so her dth cert should be available.
George however may well have died prior, sometime between 1851 and 1861, most likely at Crailing.
I'd go for the Joseph and Margaret as his parents if you can't find his dth cert to confirm it, an 1813 bap. sounds too late for this George, 1809ish Eckford.
SCT: Henderson, Wight, Sinton, Fairbairn, Bain, Manson, Davidson, Runciman, Familton
ENG: Rowe, King, Barter, Andrews, Turnbull, Baty, Graham
NZ: Henderson, Andrews, Rowe, Turnbull
http://LornaHen.com
http://dnasurnames.info/

Offline gelpack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 21 January 07 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello LornaHen,

Yes, I'm certain they are mine.
Isabella died 27 Nov 1893 at Bowden (Parish) aged 83
Her parents were John FAIRBAIRN and Helen DODDS
But I've been unable to find find any other trace of them.
Your lead on James at Kelso might produce something new.

Many Thanks

Eric

Offline Cal241

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • does my butt look big in this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 25 March 07 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Eric
I am rooting around in my Scottish side after far too long neglecting them  :(
I have Shiel, Dagliesh & Stevenson fom Melrose area

James Shiel married Margaret Dagliesh 1846 (my gg grandparents) his brother John maried Isabella Dagliesh 1842

James and Margaets son Robert Shiel married Harriet Smith (my g grand parents) Harriets mothers maiden surname was Stevenson (Isabella)

was wondering if there is any connection ??
Cal  8)
UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk                Bigg-Sheppey/West Ham<br />Dodd - Cheshire <br />Ingram - Dorset, London, Morlaix, Australia, California<br />Kerfoot - Warrington, Pemberton, St Asaph<br />McKinneley - N Ireland, Liverpool <br />Marshall - Midlothian, Cheshire<br />Morrish-Chelsea<br />Shiel - Melrose<br />Woodhall- Liverpool, Shropshire/Staffordshire<br />Dagliesh- Melrose<br />Stevenson - Melrose<br />Smith & Jones! Scotland & Wales