Author Topic: 1851 Ayrshire Census Lookup Please.  (Read 4214 times)

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Ayrshire Census Lookup Please.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 July 06 22:16 BST (UK) »
Gadget,

Thanks again for all your help, maybe you are right, and they were still in Ireland, I'll take your advice and have a look at the Irish connection.

Best of luck.

Slainte!

Jim.
Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)

Offline jonn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 July 06 16:33 BST (UK) »

Hello Jim,

This may well be your James, and son Thomas, living in Low Road, Whitletts, The Parish of ST. Quivox, Aryshire. 1851. census.

Livingstone Joseph, head M. age 30 years, labourer field, born Ireland,
Livingstone Agnes, wife M. age 27 years,  born Ireland,
Livingstone James, son age 5 years, born Ireland,
Henry James, lodger W, age 30 years, labourer field, born Ireland,
Henry Thomas, lodgers child, age 5 years, born Ireland.

Low Road, is roughly about a mile from Main Street, in Ayr.

Regards,
Jonn.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 July 06 17:08 BST (UK) »
Well found John - that would mean we've got the whole gang. They may well have met up after 1851.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 July 06 18:58 BST (UK) »
Jonn,

Thanks for your input, I think you may have found them, the ages co-incide, and James had been married before he met Susan, one of his later children's (my G.Grandfather was named Robert Henry on his Birth Cert, and a later Hendry my Grandfather, his middle name was Henry, so I now think this was the original surname, I have a possible for James's birth in Sligo, can't be absolutly sure, but it's the one of two I can find, this gives me a clue though, if only Ireland wasn't so difficult to research, I also have to thank gadget, she was great, considering she, and even you, do not have to help me.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of
this issue.

also do you know about scottishfamilytreeresearchers society? the site has much on record, and it's free if you join, let me  know and I'll get the moderator to send you an invite.

Best Wishes

Jim.

Hello Jim,

This may well be your James, and son Thomas, living in Low Road, Whitletts, The Parish of ST. Quivox, Aryshire. 1851. census.

Livingstone Joseph, head M. age 30 years, labourer field, born Ireland,
Livingstone Agnes, wife M. age 27 years,  born Ireland,
Livingstone James, son age 5 years, born Ireland,
Henry James, lodger W, age 30 years, labourer field, born Ireland,
Henry Thomas, lodgers child, age 5 years, born Ireland.

Low Road, is roughly about a mile from Main Street, in Ayr.

Regards,
Jonn.

Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)