Author Topic: Medical Records Access  (Read 1965 times)

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Records Access
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 July 06 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda
the death cert doesnt specify a place of death, just the registration district of Hackney, and death in the sub disctrict of Hackney South East in the Metropolitan Borough of Hackney.

The cause is difficult the totally decyper (doctors writing) but  can read.... acute disseminated Lupus....

I also have a death certificate for my brother who died the same day (aged 2 days) but his certificate is registered in the Registration district of Bethnal Green in the sub district of Bethnal Green North East in the Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green.

I know Hackney and Bethnal Green are close to each other so am assuming that my mother was moved from the hospital my brother was in (Queens Hospital) to another hospital because of her condition.

Both these events were on 30th March 1953.

Confused.....

Ken 
Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 July 06 23:17 BST (UK) »
I applied for records for my great great aunt and was told that the Health Authority (Cumbria) only kept records for 10 years before destroying them.

Anna x
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 July 06 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken

You can search the hospitals database for each of the hospitals and it should tell you what records, if any, are available and where they are http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/hospitalrecords/search.asp

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kamakaziken

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 July 06 14:45 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Just a quick thank you to all for your help on this matter, received email today from registrar at Homerton Hospital advising that as there is no legal requirement or other legislation, the medical records are only kept for a period of 10 years after which time they are destroyed...... thanks again. Ken
Foot(Spitalfields)  Newing (Kent) Solomons(Spitalfields) Smith/Jarvis/Making (Lavenham Suffolk),   Heard, Ridgers, Rogers, Trevenen,(Tredeger) Van der Molen (Amsterdam) Voet (Amsterdam)