Author Topic: How do I find out what medals my Grandfather "won"  (Read 14848 times)

Offline CJ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find out what medals my Grandfather "won"
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 July 06 14:37 BST (UK) »
His name was Arthur Moulds (no middle name) he was born in 1911 in Bingley, Near Bradford, West Yorkshire.  The only information that Grandma gave was that the husband of a couple who they were very good friends of was in the same unit.  When the wives received letters from their husbands they read them together and tried to work out where they were as the letters were heavily censored.  Unfortunately both have now passed, so I cannot ask them direct.  Many thanks to all of you for your help.

CJ
Aaron, Bailey, Beckett, Blanchard, Bradley, Bromham, Brook, Butler, Carter, Clarkson, Cox, Crowther, Dewhirst, Dixon, Emmott, Fell, Field, Galleymore, Goddard, Harrison, Hayes, Hensby, Hillas, Hodgson, Hollings, Hutchinson, Jolly, Knowles, Lightowler, Mandeville, Marshall, Mitchell, Moulds, Murgatroyd, Oldfield, Panter, Parrott, Platt, Rawlings/Rawlins (and other spellings!), Richardson, Scott, Smith, Steele, Taylor, Tee, Thompson, Thornton, Thorp, Waterhouse, Watson, Wing, Woodend