Author Topic: Looking For Eliza J JONES  (Read 3858 times)

Offline sumner185

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Eliza J JONES
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 April 18 16:37 BST (UK) »
I am researching a welsh connection in the Baileys of Chaddlesworth and have found Eliza married Richard Jones from Ashbury and moved to Wales. Does anyone know if any of the Bailey family died in a coal mine as I have uncovered a  lovely  poem that relates the story of an old ladies life when she lived in  Wales.  It mentions her husband died in a coal mine there and also her eldest son went to India to fight in the war. It details her other son and her daughters. Unfortunately the poem was not dated or signed. And no names were mentioned in the poem.  Any information would be appreciated.

Curly 121

Offline sumner185

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 April 18 12:15 BST (UK) »
I am researching a welsh connection in the Baileys of Chaddlesworth where a husband was killed in a coalmine disaster.  Possible connection Eliza Jones.  Any help would be appreciated.

Curly 121

Online Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:14 BST (UK) »
There are men with Bailey Surnames listed as having died in coalmines, but without any place / name of coal mine/ or name or some sort of time scale to refer to, it woul be difficult to track yours down. There's quite a few in England too. Does the poem name a place or anything if it doesn't give any names ?

Offline sumner185

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sam but I have no names or dates that is the difficulty I face, the poem was found amongst my grandfathers photos and papers, my grandfather is Arthur Bailey of Chaddlesworth and I am assuming it is the Bailey family or it might refer to his wife Gertrude Butler's side.  I have researched mine disasters in Wales and like you have found Bailey names and I am trying to piece things together.  Thanks again for your reply Curly121

Online Sam Swift

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 April 18 13:59 BST (UK) »
Might there be a clue in what the poem says ?