Author Topic: Parish Records - David Middlemiss  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Whispers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parish Records - David Middlemiss
« on: Tuesday 04 July 06 03:20 BST (UK) »
Looking for some kind soul to help me with a BIG headache ...

My g-g-grandfather, David Middlemiss m. Jane Hastie on 10 Dec 1819 at Hutton Mill, Hutton, Berwick.   At the time of his marriage David was living in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, later being listed as a linen and woollen draper in the 1818 Pigot's Directory.   David and Jane had six children, Elizabeth b. 1820, John b. 1922, Peter b. 1823 Janet b. 1825, Mary b. 1828 and Archibald b. 1830, the first five children were born in Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Archibald was born in Hutton, Berwick.     The family left B-U-T in 1831, purportedly for America, with one member eventually coming  'Down Under' to continue the family line.

It is believed that David may have been born in Berwick in 1892, his parents being John Middlemiss and Jenat Bairnsfather.    They had a son David b. that year, but how I be sure that 'their' David is 'my' David?

I would appreciate any guidance as to where I could start searching for clues.

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records - David Middlemiss
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 July 06 01:10 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a middlemiss...agnes.  She married George claise or clazey, 2 June 1751 in Coldstream, Berwick County, Scotland.  Have not been able to locate any of her family.

sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline Whispers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records - David Middlemiss
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 July 06 03:27 BST (UK) »
I'm so sorry Sharon but the only Agnes Middlemiss I know of yet married a Thomas.

Wishing you every success with your searching.

Whispers