Author Topic: John Bromfield & Elizabeth  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Rustie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Bromfield & Elizabeth
« on: Tuesday 04 July 06 18:25 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on the wife of John Bromfield Chr 1863 Symondsbury.  He married Elizabeth but so far I have been unable to trace Elizabeth who?  Elizabeth is noted as being born in Membury .  Their children are: William who married Louisa Marsh, Reginald John, Sarah who married Frederick Fookes, Frederick, Herbert John who married Hannah Spiller, Gertrude Alice, Ethel Mary and Hilda Mary.  Any help appreciated.
Moore, Loughrey, Mullins, Dare, Seward, Pitman, Bromfield. Ciss, Rutkovskis, Newell, Draper, Stapelton, Greene.

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Re: John Bromfield & Elizabeth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 20:13 BST (UK) »
hi Rustie
bit of a long shot
On the 1891 and 1901 census John Bromfield is born in Membury Devon while his wife Elizabeth states that she was born Halstock Dorset
There is a marriage for a John Bromfield in Yeovil Somerset in 1884

John Bromfield
July Aug Sept quarter
Yeovil
Somerset
vol5c
page 707

on the same page are two Elizabeths
Elizabeth Lane or
Elizabeth Lavis

Back to the 1891 and 1901 census where Elizabeth says she was born in Halstock and her age  means she was born 1862.
On the 1871 there is a  Elizabeth Lane born 1862. Her father was a master blacksmith . On the 1881 census she is with her grandparents Thomas and  Ann Whittle. who was a farmer  .
And William there son was born Yeovil, Somerset in 1885.
have checked for an Elizabeth Lavis born Halstock, and I could not find one. I am not saying this is right, would need more checking, closest I could find.

ricky

Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk