Author Topic: Robert Stark  (Read 11643 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Robert Stark
« on: Tuesday 04 July 06 21:33 BST (UK) »
Robert Stark was born 1827 but where he married Elizabeth Pringle at Whittinghome Hoddington ( Haddington ) 19.8.1848 .I have all the rest of Robert but unable to find his birth
Can anyone help
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Stark
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 21:51 BST (UK) »

Do you have information on Robert on the 1851 and later censuses. This would give his birth place. I have found 3 bpt. in 1827 but none Haddington. You are not clear if he or his wife were born there.

Can you please give all the details that you have on him and I might be able to help. Otherwise, it's clutching at straws. His death certificate, if he died in Scotland, would show his parents - again a help in looking for a baptism.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
Dear Gadget
I have Robert Stark Living in Belford in 1881 also found he died Dec 1898 aged 73 years

I first got the marriage then found the family with a few moves as he was a shepherd  .

I was looking for his birth

The marriage I have is only a copy from a ledger with no Parents on as I say 19.8.1848 this was from Edinburgh

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 22:27 BST (UK) »
On the 1881 census, where did it say he was born?

Isn't Belford in Northumberland?

Yes, I've found him - b. Scotland  ???

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 22:31 BST (UK) »
You are right just Scotland

Elizabeth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 22:35 BST (UK) »
The best I can find on SP is the bpt of Robert Stark, 2 SEpt 1827, Mid Calder (West Lothian), parents Andrew Stark and Elizabeth Skinner.

Do these names repeat in his childrens' names?

Gadget

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 23:03 BST (UK) »
Yes Gadget

Ive just looked up there too
Also found a Robert Stark m to as Sarah Mckallister of Dunbartonshire

I think Andrew and Elizabeth could be them

Robert Stark and Elizabeth Pringle,s  family where

Beatress ,Isabella, Robert , James , Mark ,William ,Andrew ,John and Mary Jane

found in the 1851 census living at Ross Farm Belford
Elizabeth

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 23:16 BST (UK) »
They could have had others as well and the naming doesn't always follow the strict conventions - very few of mine were strict. There's an Andrew, I see.

The other baptisms are quite a way from Haddington, so I think that, on a percentage game, I'd pencil the Mid Calder one in. You could try the 1841 on Freecen/Ancestry or SP to see where he is.

Gadget

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 04 July 06 23:30 BST (UK) »
okay thanks will do
Elizabeth