Author Topic: Ivinghoe WINDMILL parish register lookup please  (Read 2688 times)

Offline waterfall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ivinghoe WINDMILL parish register lookup please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 July 06 20:52 BST (UK) »

I think maybe Ivinghoe Aston is worth looking at. Is not on the IGI but the parish is on the database.....cannot recall the years. Is up to you.......I will look on next visit if you have not found out any details.

Bye Susan
Bedfordshire. Hull, Lines
Buckinghamshire. Hull, Lines
Hertfordshire, Hull, Lines
Durham, Matthews
Yorkshire, Matthews
Durham, Lincolnshire, Abbey
Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline waterfall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ivinghoe WINDMILL parish register lookup please
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 July 06 21:33 BST (UK) »
Well Ivinghoe Aston just a hamlet of Ivinghoe so no church.!!
As they say Aston in Ivinghoe P/R makes sense.

But whatever came up with what I think you are after and was a sheer fluke. Nothing on database for this marriage. You must make of it what you will. Going thru Ivinghoe P/R for my lot I came across the following.

The banns of marriage between William Windmill otp and Ann Baker otp of Stewkley 7, 14, 21, Dec 1766.

Unfortunately I was unable to get at the film for Stewkley as someone else was using it. In the end could wait no longer and thought I would look at the BT's. Got the following.

John Windmill of Ivinghoe & Ann Baker otp were married in this church by banns 25/12/1766.

Think this is your John & Ann but will try and look at the P/R for Stewkley if you agree.

Discrepancy as Wm in banns and John in BT's.......nothing  new as after all the clergy were not infallible........if only.!!!

Bye Susan
Bedfordshire. Hull, Lines
Buckinghamshire. Hull, Lines
Hertfordshire, Hull, Lines
Durham, Matthews
Yorkshire, Matthews
Durham, Lincolnshire, Abbey
Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk