Author Topic: Inserting photo in profile  (Read 1208 times)

Offline sallysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • sally and her mum!
    • View Profile
Inserting photo in profile
« on: Wednesday 05 July 06 10:06 BST (UK) »
HI
I seem to be having trouble inserting a photo into my profile.  I have gone to my profile, highlighted modify profile, rootschat profile info.  I then highlight 'I will upload my own picture' and i have selected the photo from my hard drive.  When i then highlight 'change profile', I get the little meter reading at the bottom of the screen, thinking its going to do something when it refreshes the page and the line where I selected the picture info is now blank!  What am I doing wrong?  The picture is in a jpg format and is 128KB big.
Pearson Newcastle/Allendale<br />Sparke Allendale<br />Rees, Davies Pembrokeshire<br />Spence Leyburn<br />Foster Armley to battle creek USA<br />Leeming N Yorkshire<br />Stewart or Stuart Gateshead
Scott Leyburn
Roantree Leyburn

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Inserting photo in profile
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sallysmum,

128 KB ???

Far too big  >:(
First of all, generally, for a profile pic, and secondly, remember that the profile pic is downloaded every time someone clicks on a RootsChat link.

try resizing the image to a width of 100-120 pixels and then try again

see this topic too
Topic: Adding images to Posting & Profiles
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,130922.0.html

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline sallysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • sally and her mum!
    • View Profile
Re: Inserting photo in profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 July 06 11:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Berlin-Bob
Hopefully I've cracked it, the file is now 11KB big - I wasn't sure how to change the pixels (will have to ask hubby when he comes home) but fingers crossed by changing other settings, I have sorted it - here's the evidence!
Sallysmum
Pearson Newcastle/Allendale<br />Sparke Allendale<br />Rees, Davies Pembrokeshire<br />Spence Leyburn<br />Foster Armley to battle creek USA<br />Leeming N Yorkshire<br />Stewart or Stuart Gateshead
Scott Leyburn
Roantree Leyburn