Author Topic: Bourne John Frederick (b.1848 Lydney)  (Read 3072 times)

Offline InvictaRon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bourne John Frederick (b.1848 Lydney)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 July 06 16:55 BST (UK) »
You are brilliant - This time his surname shows as 'Bowine'.  I don't know any of John F's siblings but I am sure this must be the right family but I will try your tactic and carry on.
Many thanks for your help
Ron

Offline InvictaRon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 July 06 18:19 BST (UK) »
I have followed your advice and found the relevant census papers.
All come back to the same person, Elizabeth and her being a widow.  What throws me is at Gloucester Records Office I found a Baptism for July 4th 1845 her children Margaret and Joseph (presume twins) the parents are given as Richard and Elizabeth.  I have found nothing to give me another name for John (b c1811)
On the Church of Latter Day Saints site I have come across a marriage of John 'Bowen' and Elizabeth Jones 20 April 1835 Lydney.  With the way names have been entered on the census papers - there is a strong possibility this could be them.  I will have to visit the Gloucester Records Office and look up this entry.
Ron

Offline InvictaRon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 July 06 14:27 BST (UK) »
Tricia,
We visited Gloucester Records Office and found on the 1841 census a John Bowine, wife Elizabeth and daughter Sarah Ann. I was hopeful that this was my John Bourne, but only 80% confident. When I got home I searched for anything else regarding John Bowine, the first document was the 1841 census, so I saved it into my family file then opened it up in my graphics program. It appeared on my screen on its side so I began to look for John Bowine and I was amazed to find John Bourne. I carried on looking for John Bowine on this sheet but then realized that the John Bourne I had just found was the same person. Reading the sheet sideways it was as plain as day that it was 100% John Bourne. I have since been able to find other children and a marriage of Sarah Ann to John Hale. You had already found this for me, I cannot thank you enough for your help.
Kind Regards
Ron

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 July 06 14:36 BST (UK) »
You are more than welcome

Tricia
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi