Author Topic: my Devon Names  (Read 14100 times)

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: my Devon Names
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 July 06 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise, I have Scoins' in my family tree, although they were from Bideford, Parkham, Northam and Hartland. Also have Saunders/Sanders of Petrockstow. Let me know if your interested.

Regards
Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 July 06 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate
   yes I'm interested. not sure they will link up but it doesn't seem to be that common a name so maybe, let me no if i can pass anything on to you  thanks
                                 take care
                                                 Louise
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 July 06 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise, well I know very little about my Sanders/Saunders family, they don't appear to be on any of the census returns. Elizabeth Sanders/Saunders (from one of her childrens birth certs, very difficult to read) was born c1831 in ?Petrockstow, Devon. She was my ggg Grandmother, she married William Bissett in c1858 in presumably Torrington. I don't know who her parents were, but she had a sister called Mary c1833 ?Petrockstow. I see that your Saunders were a travelling family, could be possible, if they are linked, that this is why I can't find mine on any of the census' until she is married to William.
 My Scoins are also connected to the Bissett's, Elizabeth and Williams Bissett's son George married an Annie Scoins c1867 Bideford, Devon. Her parents were George c1833 Parkham, Devon and an Honor Wade c1835 Bradworthy, Devon. Her siblings were Mary Jane c1856, Elizabeth c1858, Matilda c1862 all born Parkham and John c1869 Bideford. George's parents were John c1797 Parkham and Ann Wakely c1796 Stealton, Cornwall. His siblings were Reuben c1836 and Elizabeth c1838 both born Parkham.
 Reuben married an Ellen ? c1849 Hartland, Devon, they had 6 children, William c1870, John c1872, Fredrick c1875 all born Northam, Devon, Emma Jane c1876 born Littleham, Devon, Matilda c1878 born Bideford and Florence c1880 born Littleham.

Hope this helps

Regards
Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Salop & Mon - EVANS

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 06 12:52 BST (UK) »
hi Kate,
           thanks for that, maybe our Saunders are Linked ,if i ever find mine, i,ll let you Know.
    My Scoins seem to come from Chittlehampton, Rachel Scoins who Married Henry Saunders was born there 1858 Daughter of William Maine Scoins 1815 and Caroline Williams c1821. William was Son of Robert 1785 and Mary  c1789 Scoins nee Maine. there other children were, Robert 1809 (married Ann Dennis), John 1817, James c1820, Richard c1822, Charles c1827 and Rachel c1830.
   Dont know if that helps you at all but it might fit in one day,
        Good Luck with your search
                  take care
                    Louise :)
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 July 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
Every little bit helps, I'll let you know if I find a connection.

all the best with your search as well!

Regards
Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Salop & Mon - EVANS

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 July 06 18:01 BST (UK) »
thanks take care Louise ;)

Offline jacquia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 July 06 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am related to the SCOINS/sanders in Devon.

I have a lot of info on the SCOINS family.

just give me a shout if you want any info.

jacqui
SCOINS/WARD/APPLEBY
DEVON/WARWICKSHIRE/YORKSHIRE

Offline SoozeH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Louise,

My husband's great grandmother was Mary Ann (Polly) Scoins, daughter of William and Caroline Scoins, born 1862 Chittlehampton, so sister to your Rachel Scoins.

I didn't know that William was called William Maine Scoins or that his mother was Mary Maine.  Do you know when Robert Scoins and Mary Maine married and where.  I also wonder whether William was married before Caroline as he was quite a bit older than she was.

Would be interested to trade information, although to be honest I haven't got very far with this family yet.  I can fill you in from Polly to the present day though if you are interested.

Sue
Rodd Webber Davey Beer Clark Sussex Pleace Gillard Merrifield May Griney Kellaway - Devon
Erasmus Robins Watkins Morgan Evans Reese Hockey Edwards Joshua Warren Giffard - Monmouthshire
Wilson Gosling - Gloucestershire
Llewelin Morgan - Glamorgan

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
            would love to swop info with you like wise i can fill you in down wards but dont have a lot back wards , i,ll have a look see what ive got
      Take care Louise