Author Topic: how to contact Clooney parish  (Read 5039 times)

Offline Chicabee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
how to contact Clooney parish
« on: Sunday 09 July 06 22:28 BST (UK) »
Anyone have an address and/or suggestions on how I contact Clooney parish to request records from the late 1800's?

Info I have on my g-grandfather:
the lds website shows a james quigley born in the parish of clooney near ennis in co clare in 1869 to an andrew q and his wife eliza mcnamara.

Thanx much

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: how to contact Clooney parish
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 06 07:21 BST (UK) »
Chickabee:
Here is a link to the church records section of the http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/parishes.htm

Go to the Home page also. This is a great site and has a wealth of info. For example, here is the 1901 census for Muckinish townland which is in the civil parish of Clooney. You will see some Quigleys and McNamaras there.
http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/1901census/spancelhill_ded_muckinish24_6.htm

Good luck,

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline abbeyfield

• RIP 1941-2008
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Chicabee,I wonder if you made contact with the parish of Quin & Clooney? They are notorious for not answering letters,or taking many weeks to do so.Anyway for what it is worth the address is The secretary,Parish House,Quin,Co.Clare,Ireland.
I think the problem is that there is only one volounteer member of staff.The last reply I had from them took 7 weeks.
Best of luck with your research.
abbeyfield
Mannix (Ireland),Edwards (Caernarfon),Smith (Liverpool),Germaine (Co.Kildare),Rice (Co.Kildare)Kenyon (Lancashire),Ratcliff (Lancashire),Fitzwilliams (England especially Lancashire)

Offline ABB

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 13:07 GMT (UK) »
There is a B & B in Clooney run by Quigneys. Oliver Quigney, Olmar B & B, Toonagh, Tulla.