Author Topic: GREENs from Poole  (Read 2032 times)

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Green's from Poole
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 July 06 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
No worries, you're right, it is hot and they are not going anywhere, ... wish I was, it would be nice to get off to the beach or somewhere to enjoy the weather!
Thanks again , C

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
No definite success I'm afraid, the only possible is this one - could have been a late baptism.

Westbourne Baptism
28 May 1815 Henry son of Thomas and Ann Green occupation Carrier  note "from Hermitage"

No sign of Henry junior circa 1830

Sorry
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 August 06 09:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,  thank you so much for taking the time to check it out for me, unfortunately this is the wrong Henry, his father was a Richard, (I managed to find a marriage cert for him).  Augusta I think must have been a daughter from his 1st marriage, I recently found a census for Henry married to an Elizabeth, with 3 children, Augusta being one of them.  On his son's marriage cert it lists his mother as Margaret Maria Bentley, and I managed to find a cert for Henry's 2nd marriage listing both he and Margaret as being widow/ers and Augusta Green as a witness to the marriage.  Where as I thought my great great grandfather was an only child, he now has 3 half siblings on his fathers side and a half sibling on his mothers side..... all need tracing!  I do enjoy the searching and even more the excitement of the find.  Thank you again so much for the effort you put in for me... guess i'll just keep trying though.  Reqards Carol

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 August 06 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol
As there is this possible Sussex connection for the marriage of Henry to Elizabeth suggest you post a Sussex Marriage Index lookup on the Sussex lookup board - I know people there have access to the CDrom. I could have looked yesterday but I'm afraid I forgot. It may turn up a nearby parish to Westbourne which I could then check sometime for baptisms.
Happy hunting
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge