Author Topic: St.Fergus Church Banff  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: St.Fergus Church Banff
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 July 06 09:51 BST (UK) »
As yet cannot find any indication of a daughter Mary aged 3, but everything else ties is.
As to the first child Mary, I have someone in Aberdeen also researching the Mennie clan so will ask her about the Kirk Sessions.
There isn't any point asking someone in Aberdeen to look up the Kirk Session minutes because the minutes are in Edinburgh, not in Aberdeen.

First I do have a print out of their marriage from Family Search, so know that is OK.
It is never safe to assume that an entry from Family Search is OK. 99.9% are, but (a) the original sometimes includes information not indexed in Family Search and (b) some entries in Family Search cannot be verified. It is always necessary to get a look at or transcript of the original document.

HTH
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 September 08 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, I know your query is a bit old but I wondered how you got on with it. I have found Margaret Mennie(transcribed as Manie) in the freecen website in 1851.She's in Peterhead,Aberdeenshire,widowed & a pauper.She was born in the parish of New Deer.If she was getting poor relief you should get a lot of information off the admission records.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Seghill Lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Originally from Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 September 08 00:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that flst, however, I do have all the information from the Poor Relief, date when Margaret went on also when she was taken off, as she remarried and had another child.  Thanks Pat
Northld. Boon, Barnes, Hedley, Richardson Peel<br />Yorkshire Wharton, Boon, Plummer, Stone<br />Norfolk, Boon, Auger, Plummer<br />Scotland, Mennie, Mortimer, Cameron