Author Topic: surname interests,Bantry  (Read 909 times)

Offline Paquita

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
surname interests,Bantry
« on: Wednesday 12 July 06 16:03 BST (UK) »
Helena Keleher bap.1860 at St.Finbarr's Church Bantry.Parents-John Keleher and Mary O'Callaghan.Helena was in Liverpool by 1881.I would be glad any information about this family.
Fran
Fearon(Down,Liverpool) Trainor(Down,Liverpool)Keleher(Cork,Liverpool) Campbell(Down,Liverpool)Ryan(Kildare,Liverpool) Malone(Kildare,Liverpool)Brophy(Kildare) Dromgoole(Kildare) Domenech(Spain)

Offline Robertabix1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: surname interests,Bantry
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 10:07 BST (UK) »
I have just come across the following entry in the Bantry baptismal register - hope this is still of interest, this many years after your original post!

I think the Surname is KELLEHER but it appears in the early registers with only one L (the registers are full of spelling mistakes).  The Bantry register starts in 1888 and one of the first entries is for a Michael MURPHY, baptised on 23 January 1888.  His parents’ names are difficult to decipher but I think they are Tim [Timothy] MURPHY and Ellen KELEHAN [KELLEHAN].  The N of KELLEHAN is written with a flourish and looks like a Y.

Would love to hear back from you.

Offline Paquita

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: surname interests,Bantry
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 September 23 15:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you for posting this. I am still looking into the name.
Fearon(Down,Liverpool) Trainor(Down,Liverpool)Keleher(Cork,Liverpool) Campbell(Down,Liverpool)Ryan(Kildare,Liverpool) Malone(Kildare,Liverpool)Brophy(Kildare) Dromgoole(Kildare) Domenech(Spain)