Author Topic: Stanley Jones  (Read 3275 times)

Offline betty smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stanley Jones
« on: Wednesday 12 July 06 18:31 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to help a friend in need!    She is searching for any info on her father STANLEY JONES thought to have been born in the Llangollen area, possibly Bettws y coed, possibly 1920 but may be a little later.   He courted Megan Oliver, b 1926 and a child (my friend) was born March 30 1953. They never married (indeed there seemed to be problems between the families).  Stanley had a motorbike accident around 1953 and my friend was always told he had died in that accident but can find no reference anywhere to that and was told recently by an elderly relative that he did not die at that point.   . It is thought he was in the building trade, had a sister, and a red setter dog!!  He also looked like Danny Kaye.  Megan came from the Llanfyllin, Park view, Pentre area.       A lot of info but my friend has only this and seems unable to progress.  She does not wish to contact anyone or cause any grief to anyone but would like to find some roots.     If any of this makes sense to anyone,  please let me know.     I hold my breath.     Betty :)
Satterthwaite,  Robinson, Waites,  -  Kirkby Ireleth and Windermere, Cumbria,
Watts, Battey, Westley -  Cubbington and Chalcombe, Warwickshire