Author Topic: 1841 census look up please - Lloyd  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Ag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 census look up please - Lloyd
« on: Wednesday 12 July 06 18:33 BST (UK) »
Looking for Seth Lloyd born 1818/1822 probably Halkyn in the 1841 census. Other family members lived around the Bagillt area. I'm hoping his christian name is unusual enough for him to be found amongst many Lloyds. His parents I think were both deceased by 1841.

Haven't found him in 1851 or 1861 either yet. He was in London by 1862 and then moved to New York.

Many thanks for any sightings of him.

Regards
Anne

Offline billybob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up please - Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 July 06 19:53 BST (UK) »
Found a Seth Lloyd In West Felton Shropshire  an 18 year old Agricultural labourer says Born in County
HO107/914/1 Folio 22 page 2
Bamford - Middleton, Lancashire
Bidwell (all Variations of) - Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Lancashire

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 July 06 22:30 BST (UK) »
Anne

In 1851 there is a Seth Lloyd aged 31 living as a visitor at
Lyganywern(?), Windmill, Halkin. He is a miner.
with
Robert Lloyd     38   Miner
Elizabeth           29
Maria                   9
Anne                   4                     all born Halkin (now known as Halkyn) 

In 1861 there is a Seth Lloyd living in Shropshire Born Llanrhaiadr aged 39 and a shepherd with wife and family.
This seems unlikely especially as he is around still in 1871 but let me know if you want details. There is a lot of 1861 Denbs/Flintshire missing.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Ag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 July 06 08:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks billybob for taking the time to look him up in 1841. Suspect it's not him though. I'll keep the info on file just in case.

Thanks again
Anne

Offline Ag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 July 06 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

That's a definite possibility for 1851 apart from occupation as miner (he was a sawyer when he married in 1862, no reason not to change jobs though). I wonder if they are all related? I know that Seth's father was a Robert and suppose there is a chance he might have  had a brother called Robert. On the other hand, perhaps no relation at all.

I'll see if I can find that Robert's marriage to see if the father's name is the same.

The 1861 entry I suspect is a different Seth, but thank you for checking it anyway.

I had wondered if a lot of 1861 Flintshire was missing as I have several people whom I cannot find who should be there somewhere. Not a lot we can do about that I suppose.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to look him up.

Regards
Anne

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 July 06 20:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne,
Had a look at Halkyn Parish records and found Seth's Baptism.
May 27 1819. Seth S/O Robert and Gainor Lloyd. Hendrefigillt Township. Roberts Occ. Miner.
This must be his Sister.
Oct 14 1821. Elizabeth D/O Robert  Lloyd and his Wife Gaynor Williams. Pen Llyn. Miner.

Also found this Marriage in Holywell.
August 28 1815.
Seth Lloyd(X) To Margaret Jones. WitnessesJohn Lloyd(X)
Jane Roberts(X)
(X)=Did not sign made mark.

Hope this helps.

Paul.

Offline Ag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 July 06 11:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul,

Thank you very much. I had seen on the IGI the baptism of Seth and a helpful person sent me the info re potential sister Elizabeth but nice to have it confirmed.

I know that Robert & Gaynor had 2 other sons - Enoch and Evan - Evan was born possibly Denbigh c 1810 and Enoch was baptised in Llangwyfan in 1815. (Got most census info on them). I've also got the potential death info for Robert & Gaynor in Pen Llyn & Rhes y Cae.

That marriage of a Seth Lloyd in 1815 is interesting - I wonder if he was related or just coincidence? I shall do some more digging around and see what I can find!

Thanks again
Regards
Anne