Author Topic: Kirkwood/Stirling/Arthur families of Cumbernauld  (Read 2877 times)

Offline andrew shanks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Kirkwood/Stirling/Arthur families of Cumbernauld
« on: Saturday 15 July 06 09:24 BST (UK) »
I am trying to establish whether the John Kirkwood who married Jean Arthur in 1837 at Cumbernauld is the same John Kirkwood that was born in 1813 at Cumbernauld, the son of James Kirkwood and Helen Stirling.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this.

:)
Ireland: Arlour, Arlow, Hammond, Hannah, Shanks, Templeton

Scotland: Allan, Black, Carlyle, Corkingdale, Fleeting, Grant, Hammond, Hannah, Kirkwood, Lothian, McFarlane, Main, Neilson, Shanks, Sneddon, Stirling, Wood

Sussex/Hampshire/Surrey/London/Kent: Beagley, Champion, Clark, Douch, Earl, Jones, King, Ladyman, Ley, Pattenden, Peskett, Pink, Readings, Standen, Stonestreet, Windiate

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
Re: Kirkwood/Stirling/Arthur families of Cumbernauld
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 January 07 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I can't help with this particular query, but I have the booklet of MIs for Cumbernauld parish churchyard, and notice that there is another Kirkwood (Robert, m. Margaret Marshall), and several Stirlings and Arthurs buried there, if the info is any use let me know adn I can post it,

regards
Janet
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson