Author Topic: Spary/Sparry&Crouch/Sperry  (Read 4598 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Spary/Sparry&Crouch/Sperry
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 July 06 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin,
Pencil poised where were we?   Oh yes Sutton Veney 18th Century the Nokes and Screen(e)s.   The further back you go the less information, but Sutton Veney's a good 'un :)

Marriage
2 Feb 1740 Stephan Noke and Elizabeth Kingman both otp

Baps - I don't know which is 'yours'
4 Oct 1715 Stephen son of Stephen and Sarah Noke
27 Jun 1714 Stephen son of John and Mary Noke
4 Feb 1708 Stephen son of Jeffrey and Elizabeth Noke.
Looks like Stephen's a popular name with the Nokes

17 Apr 1707 Elizabeth dau of Jacob and Elizabeth Kingman

Marriage
23 Oct 1698 Jacob Kingman and Elizabeth Em both otp
..............back to the 17th century...............

Bap
14 Aug 1670 Elizabeth Em dau of John

Marriage
28 Mar 1665 John Emm and Elizabeth Bishop

Baps
1 Mar 1639 Elizabeth Bishop dau of Stephen
15 Oct 1637 John Emme son of Thomas

That's all for now, I'll check your Crouch family next week.   Oh by the way the 2 John Spary marriages......he could be the same guy, note the common witness John Imber, may or may not be significant.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline KevinS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 July 06 02:48 BST (UK) »
THANKYOU DAVE! I feel like I'm reading a novel.  I can't wait to get home from work to check my email.   Thanks again for being so great about helping me locate my ancestors.  I hope to visit England/Wales again....this time I'll have "direction"
I'll wait to hear from you.
Gratefully
Kevin

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 22 July 06 11:30 BST (UK) »
You're welcome, let's hope Deverell Longbridge is as forthcoming!
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 July 06 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin,
Not a lot in Deverell Longbridge (DL) apart from alli's details of Jane and Fanny Crouch.   I did find a possible baptism for John Crouch in DL

16 Sep 1757, John Crouch twin son of Richard
16 Sep 1757, William Crouch, twin son of Richard

There were 2 other John Crouch one in 1747 and one in 1740.   I thought they may have been a little old but ask if you want them.

Cheers Dave

Offline KevinS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 July 06 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the information on the Crouch family of Deverill-Longbridge.  If it is not too much trouble, could I get the information on the other two John Crouch's?  Your probably right about them being too old, they could tie in somewhere "one day".  :)Is it possible to get any further back on the John Spary/Spery? If you have any other suggestions please let me know.  I will request those marriages/baptisms via the previous information you sent me!  THANKS AGAIN DAVE FOR BEING SO GREAT ABOUT HELPING "A YANK" :I really do appreciate it.
Kevin Sperry

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 July 06 23:52 BST (UK) »
That's as far back as it goes Kevin.   In a few days I'll check the John Crouch 1740 and 1747 and maybe see if there are any more siblings.
I guess it's a bit further for you get to Trowbridge  :) than it is for me.
Cheers Dave

Offline KevinS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 July 06 01:58 BST (UK) »
Just alittle bit Dave..... :)
Kevin

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 31 July 06 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin
Here are the other John Crouch baptisms in Deverell Longbridge

30 Nov 1840 son of Valentine
14 May 1745 son of Orson

The WSRO are able to do copies of documents and Parish Record entries.   They charge £5 per item and with currency conversions, postage charges etc of £3 it makes a total of £8 per item (step back in wonderment at the math wiz).   The down side is they only take sterling cheques at present hence the £3 charges.   The Record Office moves to a new facility in Chippenham in October 2007 and then they will be able to accept card payments.
They are contactable by............
Tel:   (00)44 1225 713138
e-mail:   wsro(at)wiltshire.gov.uk    For (at) substitute @

Cheers Dave

Offline KevinS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 31 July 06 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the information.  I am just curious, what is a "sterling" check.
I am working towards posting my grandmother's family name of ROBERTS, possibly by next week.  Take care.
Kevin