Author Topic: Link: Takeley & Lt Canfield on-line Parish Register transcripts  (Read 12602 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Takeley & Lt Canfield on-line Parish Register transcripts
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi avidt,

First let me apologise for not answering your request sooner, I'm pretty sure I had no notification of your reply to my Takeley post in the Essex Resources section.  I don't go into Essex Resources very often, I went in this time because I had a notification regarding one of my other posts in that section and happened to notice the blue "new" flag on the Takeley post.

21/5/1836 at Takeley, James Boulding a Bachelor of Takeley, married Charlotte Stanley a Spinster of Stanstead Deal, Hertfordshire, Witnesses John Stanley & John Bird, the priest was Edward Harbin

Here are the baptism dates for the children of James and Charlotte Bolden:
Anne 7/3/1841.
George 7/8/1843.
James 7/9/1845, born 9/7/1845.
Susan 5/9/1847.
Elizabeth 30/6/1850.
William 3/10/1852.
Sarah 31/12/1854.
Jane Charlotte 30/5/1858.

The earliest Bolden entry on the Takeley transcripts was for James the son of William & Mary Bolden who was baptised 12/1/1840.

In case you are interested there is a marriage for James the son of James and Charlotte, he married Elizabeth Vale, aged 19 on 13/10/1866 at Takeley, the entry stated the groom's father is James Bolden and the bride's Jonathon Vale.  Witnesses Charles Enefer & Mary Ann Vale, the priest was G C Tufnell.

Also two daughters of James & Charlotte were married at Takeley, the entries named the father of the brides as James Bolden.
5/6/1865 Anne Bolden married John Stanley, his address given as Takeley.  Witnesses: James Bolden & Mary Bartell, priest was G C Tufnell.
15/5/1875 Sarah Bolden married Arthur Matthews.  Witnesses: James Bolden & Elizabeth Bolden, the priest was Robert Hart.

Regards. 
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk