Author Topic: Lloyd George family, Criccieth  (Read 11887 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Lloyd George family, Criccieth
« on: Wednesday 19 July 06 09:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Just a quick note to say that BBC2W are re-running the David Lloyd George series at the moment. (
The first part was last night at about 11.30 and the next one will be shown next tuesday around the same time.
I live very close to Llanystumdwy and Criccieth and was very impressed how acurrate the film set surroundings were ( Perharps it was filmed here - I have no idea !) So if your family came from that area it's certainly worth sitting down and taking a look.
The accents were brillaint and the mixture of English and welsh spoken marvellous !  :) :) :) :)

Offline thevillaboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lloyd George family, Criccieth
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 May 08 16:15 BST (UK) »
Does anyone out there have a family tree of D Ll G from his parents backwards?
I have always been led to believe that my mams family wre related through my GG grandmother Mary Lloyd b1825 in Llanystumdwy.

Offline sunnyg1rl05

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 June 08 18:37 BST (UK) »
hes always been a bit of a hero of mine ( if thats the right word) when i was younger my parents took me and my brother to the museum then along the river where his body was buried, lovely place, so peaceful
warwickshire: blakeman, lines, Taylor, wilcox
somerset, taunton: hallet
shropshire, bridgnorth, cleobury mortimer: foxall, poyner,charles
worcestershire: hardwick, smith
Gloucestershire: Smith, Pearse
monmouth:pontypool, meredith,
Caernarvon: humphreys
denbighshire, evans

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 June 08 16:24 BST (UK) »
Does anyone out there have a family tree of D Ll G from his parents backwards?
I have always been led to believe that my mams family wre related through my GG grandmother Mary Lloyd b1825 in Llanystumdwy.

Elizabeth Lloyd ( DLG's mother) was born in the Criccieth area in 1828, daughter of a David Lloyd ??

Offline pinot

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 June 08 23:03 BST (UK) »
Lloyd George's mother was Elizabeth nee Lloyd, daughter of David Lloyd Pritchard and Rebecca Williams; DLlG's sister, the eldest of the three children, was Mary Ellen, who married and died childless. She is the only related Mary I can see in my reference book.

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 July 08 09:36 BST (UK) »
I went to Criccieth last week and after a long search found the town cemetery - a peaceful  spot high on hill.
Elizabeth  George and her brother Lloyd the shoemaker, have a shared gravestone and the other family members have one large memorial.
I was quite in awe of it all ! The most touching thing to see was  fresh flowers on Elizabeth and LLoyd's grave ! Not many people still get flowers after 90 years ! :)

Offline AndrewfromWales

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 July 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hallo

Searching for info on the DLG tree and came across your question ref his antecedents. Did you ever hear back from anyone ? My mother is adamant that my one of my ancestors was the second cousin of DLG but I cannot see thisat all and believe it is wishful thinking on grandfathers part !  My gt g/m was Clara George b 1883 Pembroke Dock, , dau. of James George of Freystrop, Pembs b 1836, son of James George also of Freystrop b 1813.
I know there is a DLG connection with Pembrokeshire but much farther North.
Any details you have ref DLG antecedents would be appreciated.
Thank you