Author Topic: Emmerson/Leng/Gibbon/Glenton  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Emmerson/Leng/Gibbon/Glenton
« on: Friday 29 October 04 11:33 BST (UK) »
Researching my gt gran's family in East Yorks-Flamborough-Bridlington-and possibly in North Yorkshire.I have a lot of information on the family names-BUT am stuck with the birth of Matthew Emmerson in about 1776 . Also-I have a gt gt grandmother Sarah-nee Leng-not much information as to the Leng family.Willing to share what I have if anyone is interested.Have found SOME of my Emmerson's-my gt gt gt grandparents -and some of their familyn went to Canada.Have been in touch with the descendants.
Haram-all spellings-Anywhere.Stephens/Stevens -Bethnal Green.Jordan/Jordain-Hull/Brixham .Grundy-Liverpool area/Hull.Wade-Northants/Bucks.Swale-Halifax /Hull.Culpan-Halifax area.Emmerson-Yorkshire/Canada.Leng-Yorkshire.Gibbon-Yorkshire/Canada.stuff::)

Offline iluvgenea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Emmerson/Leng/Gibbon/Glenton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 23:09 GMT (UK) »
I'm also searching for a Glenton. His first name was Henry and his name appears on a list of Loyalists c. 1783 at New York. From there he sailed to Abaco, Bahamas where he lived until his death in 1809. I would love to learn more about him. That's all she wrote.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Yolanda Deale Rotondo

Offline Jeano

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Emmerson/Leng/Gibbon/Glenton
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 December 04 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello,as far as I can see-mine stayed in the area of North and East Ridings of Yorkshire.Good Luck to you.Jean
Haram-all spellings-Anywhere.Stephens/Stevens -Bethnal Green.Jordan/Jordain-Hull/Brixham .Grundy-Liverpool area/Hull.Wade-Northants/Bucks.Swale-Halifax /Hull.Culpan-Halifax area.Emmerson-Yorkshire/Canada.Leng-Yorkshire.Gibbon-Yorkshire/Canada.stuff::)