Author Topic: Thomas Binder born Basford 1922  (Read 2901 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Thomas Binder born Basford 1922
« on: Saturday 22 July 06 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Just a quick note wondering if anyone can help with any info on Thomas W Binder born in the Basford area in the 192os - son of William and Mary Binder.
I would like advice on how to find living relatives.

According to the BMD he died in  May 1991

Any help much appreciated
alveleyhistorian

[Please do not post details of living people or those of the recently deceased it may upset their family to find information posted publicly: Thanks Moderator]

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Binder born Basford 1922
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 July 06 00:18 BST (UK) »
Hi

It does not say in your profile where you are so I don't know if you know Nottm.

Thomas Binder was born in the Basford area: Do you mean the Basford registration district or Basford. There is a massive difference. How do you know?

If you do not know the parish but know the birth date and registration details it will be easier to send for the birth certificate which will narrow it down to where exactly his parents were living when he was born.

Do you know where his address was when he died? His will may tell you who his wife and children were.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 July 06 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

It does not say in your profile where you are so I don't know if you know Nottm.

Thomas Binder was born in the Basford area: Do you mean the Basford registration district or Basford. There is a massive difference. How do you know?

If you do not know the parish but know the birth date and registration details it will be easier to send for the birth certificate which will narrow it down to where exactly his parents were living when he was born.

Do you know where his address was when he died? His will may tell you who his wife and children were.

Jane

Hello Jane,
I am going at it a bit blind at the moment - I only started looking at this tree yesterday.
It's Basford registration district.

It looks like Thomas died in 1991 so may still have family or friends around that area ??? I thought of sending a letter to the letters page of the local papers there - any idea what the local weekly newspapers  around there  are called ?

best Wishes,
alveleyhistorian

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 July 06 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hi alveleyhistorian,

Trying to find living reletives is difficult and as far as Rootschat is concerned something we do not encourage posts on. 

For recent deaths it is worth looking for obituries or using telephone directories and sending letters to names that appear to be related.

Please see this post:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,171449.msg812925.html#msg812925

Regards,
Pam
 :)
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!