Offline bozzwell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arnold
« Reply #18 on: Friday 11 August 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Andrea and Dave,
I've just ordered a Marriage certificate from Tonbridge
over the phone. It only cost £7.50. I was told To expect it within 10 working days.
The Birth certificate isn't done over the phone. I have to send £7.00 plus a sae to Crowborough Registry Office.
I'm happy with both deals.
Thanks again
Betty

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 August 06 19:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Andrea and Dave,
I've just ordered a Marriage certificate from Tonbridge
over the phone. It only cost £7.50. I was told To expect it within 10 working days.
The Birth certificate isn't done over the phone. I have to send £7.00 plus a sae to Crowborough Registry Office.
I'm happy with both deals.
Thanks again
Betty

Brilliant! Let's hope that Crowborough can find Esther's birth certificate!

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline bozzwell

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 August 06 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Today I received a copy of the Birth certificate of Frederick Arnold and Susan Braybon from Tunbridge Wells Office. It confirmed that John was the father of Frederick. I was disappointed that Fredericks mother wasn't on the certificate. I really wanted to find out her name, particularly her maiden surname.

Regarding Esther Arnold, Crowborough Registration Office could find no trace of her birth and suggested I try Tunbridge Wells, as apparently, although they hold the Frant registers, the area has overlapped with Tunbridge Wells.
So, it's back to the drawing board!!!
Betty

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 August 06 16:50 BST (UK) »
Marriage certificates never mention the mother - at least not England and Wales ones.   You need the birth or baptism for that.
Andrea