Author Topic: Thomas Cusick b.abt 1841  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Derek Q6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Cusick b.abt 1841
« on: Thursday 27 July 06 09:19 BST (UK) »
Trying to find the actual birthdate, and Birthplace of Thomas Cusick.
HE claimed to have been born in Limerick about 1841, emigrated to England , married Mary Downey also from Ireland Born abt 1846.no idea where..
They settled in London and are my Great Grandparents.
Any Information on either is sought.
Thanks
Derek

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Cusick b.abt 1841
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 July 06 09:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Derek do you Know where or when they were married? if you had the marriage details it would give his and her Fathers names which would help narrow down your search.
I looked on the IGI site and found 2 Mary Downeys for around the birth year you gave in Limerick but with out a fathers name they arent much help.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Good Luck

Colette

Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Derek Q6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 July 06 10:19 BST (UK) »
They married in june quarter of 1866 in Shoreditch London.
I'm waiting for copy of Marriage Cert from GRO/ONS.
UInfortunate part from my end is that I don't even know for certain that even Thomas was really from Limerick.That was info from the 1891 Census England.
Family tradition had the Cusicks all coming from Cork.
Thanks for info anyway
Derek

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 July 06 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Derek, i noticed that the spelling was Cusack in Limerick. Now ive a friend from Limerick her maiden name was Omahony and she said that they originated from Cork way way back, I wonder if a lot of people from Cork moved to Limerick?

let us know how you get on with the marraige cert  ;D

Colette
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Derek Q6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 July 06 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Collette,
I will certainly keep you updated as soon as it gets out here to Western Australia, probably a couple of weeks  time.
Thanks again
Derek