Author Topic: Jardine  (Read 11557 times)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Jardine
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 November 06 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Much of the information I have came from the Prince Edward Island website and there are some errors in dates on that site for Andrew. And I am confused...I found a David b. abt. 1728, Hutton-Corrie and baptised 25 September 1730, Dumfriesshire.  I have Andrew Jardine m. Isbel Corrie 14 June 1762, father David and mother Mary Johnston, Hurrton-Corrie.

I come down from James Corrie Jardine who arrived in PEI 1817. James Jardine and Jane Hope had a son David...who married Adelaide Campbell.  Adelaide was my grandmother's grandmother.  Marjorie Jardine married to George Spry.

I am stuck at the same place you are...looking for siblings of Andrew and David. How are you related?

Sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline PRJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 16 November 06 22:05 GMT (UK) »
hello,  I  am  not  as  far  as  I  am aware  related  to  this  part  of  the  Jardine  family,  I  have not  got  that  far back  yet.  The  data  was  from  general  Jardine  records  I  have  been  collecting.

The  earlliest  Jardine  I  currently  have  confirmed  in  my  family   tree  is  Joseph  Jardine  born  circa  1800  probably  in Canonbie,  Dumfries,  he  married  Helen  Brockbank,  30  Jan  1828  in  Canonbie.  He was  a  coal  miner.  My  tree  is  via  his  son  William  born  circa  1834/5. 

Offline Scotland-Ireland-PEI

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 10 August 19 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hello from Vancouver, BC, Canada!

I realize that this original post is many years old....but if anyone is still available to reply then that would be great! My paternal family of Jardines came from Scotland and went to PEI, Canada. To throw around some names: James Corrie Jardine married Jane Hope and they went to PEI with their daughter, Isabella. They later had my ggg-grandmother, Elizabeth Jardine who married Donald MacKinnon in PEI. My family is looking for any info on Jane Hope as we are at a standstill....my parents are actually now in Scotland trying to find info on family members who moved to PEI in the early 1800s.

Help?

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 August 19 12:48 BST (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 August 19 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Welcome to RootsChat  ;)

You will have this info for sure, but just for easy ref here www.islandregister.com/jardine.html

There are also numerous mentions here on this thread aren't there. Hopefully people who have posted here will be able to update on any new info re Jane Hope for whom there is not mention here of her roots so far.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 10 August 19 13:14 BST (UK) »
For info here too, these are her burial details https://billiongraves.com/grave/JANE-HOPE-JARDINE/12917389

So, she died at the age of 81 on 21 March 1878 so born c. 1796-7 if correct.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline VirginiaM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 15 February 22 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello from Vancouver, BC, Canada!

I realize that this original post is many years old....but if anyone is still available to reply then that would be great! My paternal family of Jardines came from Scotland and went to PEI, Canada. To throw around some names: James Corrie Jardine married Jane Hope and they went to PEI with their daughter, Isabella. They later had my ggg-grandmother, Elizabeth Jardine who married Donald MacKinnon in PEI. My family is looking for any info on Jane Hope as we are at a standstill....my parents are actually now in Scotland trying to find info on family members who moved to PEI in the early 1800s.

Help?

Am interested in knowing if you were able to get any more information on Jane Hope and/or James Corrie Jardine.  Elizabeth Jardine and Donald MacKinnon are my gg-grandparents. Their son, Malcolm MacKinnon, and Ellen Smith are my g-grandparents and their daughter Mabel MacKinnon (nee MacKinnon!) and Russell Angus MacKinnon are my grandparents.

Offline VirginiaM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 15 February 22 02:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Welcome to RootsChat  ;)

You will have this info for sure, but just for easy ref here www.islandregister.com/jardine.html

There are also numerous mentions here on this thread aren't there. Hopefully people who have posted here will be able to update on any new info re Jane Hope for whom there is not mention here of her roots so far.

Monica

It is interesting that the register has James Corrie Jardine's DOB as 1774.
" James Corrie2 Jardine, born February 19, 1774 in Corriehills, Dumfriesshire, Scotland; died April 15, 1871."
I think it is 1794 as I understood they (he and Jane Hope) were a young couple coming to PEI in 1817.  He was born in Scotland and this record is in PEI so perhaps the date was recorded wrong or the 9 looked like a 7 from a hand written document... ?