Author Topic: Help Needed Please Lane Family Llanelly  (Read 2421 times)

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Help Needed Please Lane Family Llanelly
« on: Friday 28 July 06 10:08 BST (UK) »
My Brick wall.Michael Lane b-1815 Ireland married Ann  Davies b-1821 Kidwelly,Carms.(Have maiden name off childs birth certs)Have them from 1851 in Llanelly onwards.According to the 1851 their first son William b-1840/1841 Newbridge,Glam (Cant find birth cert)next daughter Margret b-1845 Pater,Pembs  all other children from 1846 onwards born in Llanelly(Have checked with registra)I believe I have found Michael in 1841 in Carms Jail for stealing a spy glass from the Ebberley Shipwreck in Cefn Sidan sentenced to 6 months in Jan 1841.I cannot find Ann Or Willliam in 1841.However thought id hit lucky and found them in 1841 in Kidwelly Ann Lane and William of right age living with her parents David (close enough to Davies,right names ages and Kidwelly made sense as her husband Michael in Jail)However this was blown out of the water when in 1851 a William Lane is living still with his Grandfather in Kidwelly but my William is in Llanelly with his parents so this cant be the same family.Coudnt believe it and Lane is not a common name here.I cannot find a marriage before 1837 for Michael and Ann or from 1837-1842 anywhere in Wales have wrote to the main Registry and neither can they.So am now totally stuck.Any Ideas on what to do next  would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed Please Lane Family Llanelly
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 July 06 12:45 BST (UK) »
could it be that William was enumerated in both places? I've come across examples where people are recorded in 2 places because they happened to be visiting on the night of the census and sometimes with different ages just to further confuse.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline welsh lady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 July 06 17:29 BST (UK) »
Osprey ,Thanks hadnt thought of that they both have same name and age birthplace differs but have found on the 1851 some of his siblings birthplaces were wrong also.This would make sense as can only find one William after 1851 and there wasnt a death have searched for death cert previously.And all other details add up mothers name and age she was born in Kidwelly etc Father away .And as I said Lane wasnt that common a name then .Williams birthplace says Newbridge in the 1851 census with his parents in Llanelly  but in 1851 in Kidwelly with his Grandparents it states Kidwelly this would make more sense so will try for the birth cert in Kidwelly had no luck in Newbridge .Thanks Best Wishes Welsh Lady
Pyett-Suffolk
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline TMOM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 August 08 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, can't believe you have hit the same wall as me! Also spotted you were spookily looking up Charles Glassop who is on the paternal side of my family tree - Michael Lane, Ellen Jane Lane, and the Richards family are on my mother's. Did you get any further with Ann Davies and Michael Lane? I found the same census details as you and have been in contact with someone on ancestry who has Ann as part of the Davids family. The only other suggestion for finding their marriage is that one (or both) of their names have been mis-transcribed in the index...my husband just found a "Hugh" in his family transcribed as "Luigi!"!

Offline welsh lady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 August 08 20:02 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a pm

Best Wishes Welsh Lady
Pyett-Suffolk
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline tegan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 23:18 BST (UK) »
I am also related to the Lane family in llanelli and came across the same problem ie no marriage cert etc
Has anyone found the death of Michael or Ann?  Only one Lane family in the Box cematary and that is George and Catherine Lane

regards
Sharon