Author Topic: Ancestry.com  (Read 3602 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry.com
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 July 06 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire

Are they accessible via Rootsweb http://www.rootsweb.com ???

They are part of the same company and there were trees duplicated on both the sites.

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 August 06 11:03 BST (UK) »
Ticker this is their reply,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new site changes on our site, and we regret any frustration you may have experienced in using the new adjustments. As always, your comments are appreciated, and we will forward them on to our development team. Based on user feedback, technology improvements, and other factors, we will continue to update our website in ways we believe improve the effectiveness, utility, and ease of use. If you have additional how-to questions or concerns about the recent site changes, please continue to indicate these in your response to this message.

Dont know if this really helps me but I am not having any more problems thankfuly with Ancestry.

Patrish..
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Sparkle26

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 August 06 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Casulguildi

Only 1 of my trees come up on the rootsweb site i did have 3
I am waiting for a reply from ancestry to see what they say about it.

Claire
Connell Boon Favell Patchett Hinch Hutton Markham Calvert Codd Scullion Linton Martin Coupland Daniel
Day Cook Pepperdine West And many many more

ALL CENSUS INFORMATION IS CROWN COPYRIGHT from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 August 06 20:20 BST (UK) »
Ticker this is their reply,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new site changes on our site, and we regret any frustration you may have experienced in using the new adjustments. As always, your comments are appreciated, and we will forward them on to our development team. Based on user feedback, technology improvements, and other factors, we will continue to update our website in ways we believe improve the effectiveness, utility, and ease of use. If you have additional how-to questions or concerns about the recent site changes, please continue to indicate these in your response to this message.

Dont know if this really helps me but I am not having any more problems thankfuly with Ancestry.

Patrish..

Thanks for sharing their reply with us Patrish.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline atherleigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry.com warning
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 August 06 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm not sure where to post this and I hope I'm not breaking any rules of the forum by warning people about my dealings with Ancestry.com thiis evening.  I signed up for the '14 day free trial' where you put in your details including your credit card details.  its meant to be FREE for 14 days and your cc is not debited until after the 14th day!  However, i've just received a call from my credit card company's fraud department  to say that Ancestry.com under the name of MFI family ancestry(or something like that) have debited my account for $1.73!  This might not seem much, but if they are doing this even now and then to unsuspecting subscribers to their FREE trial, then this is FRAUD! 
Just a warning for everyone to be vigilant!
cheryl

Offline downside

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Make my day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 25 August 06 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hi atherleigh

You are not alone (see link below)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q5=ancestry.com&submit2=Search%21&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0

ancestry.com are part of myfamily.com.

downside
Sussex: Floate, West
Kent: Tuffee
Cheshire: Gradwell
Lancashire: Gradwell

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline atherleigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 August 06 09:34 BST (UK) »
Gosh Downside,
Looks like I"ve got off lightly!  Will be contacting my credit card company and asking that a block be put on any debits requested from Ancestry.com just in case they try to charge me $300!