Author Topic: Ridout/ Watts family  (Read 2625 times)

Offline VAL IN NEWPORT

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ridout/ Watts family
« on: Sunday 30 July 06 19:15 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me? I have found out lots of information for my family tree which I believed to be correct but after receiving marriage certificates I discovered that one piece of information was wrong. I know that my paternal Great Grandfather William Ridout was born in Michaelston - le - pit Glamorgan 1875 and I also know that he married Louisa Watts who was born in 1881 and lived in Dinas Powis at the time she got married in 1906. I originally thought her father was called William Henry Watts from Somerset but according to Louisa and Williams marriage certificate her fathers name was Richard but I dont know where they were from. I know its not a lot to go on but I can't even get her birth certificate unless I can find out which area they were from. I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks, Val

Offline Cas (stallc)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ridout/ Watts family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Val,

Can you give details from marriage cert, may help to narrow things.  Occ. of Richard, ages of couple when married, witnesses, addresses at marriage.

I have looked, but am unable to locate, so far.  Dinas Powis holds 27 parishes on Genuki, also possibly the family may not have lived there.

Cas

Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Squire/Thomas/Davies/Gibbons/Mordecai/Bowen/Lewis/Rees/Williams/Jones/Llewellyn/Morgan - Glamorgan
Lewis - Breckonshire
Davies/Roderick - Myddfai Carms
Lloyd/Jones - Denbigh/Salop
Thackwell/Thomas - Hereford/Monmouthshire
Shoemac/Squire/Keirle/Small - Somerset
Berry/Baggot/Lee/Clayton - Lancs
Yelland/Bray/Trethewey - Cornwall
Baggot/Hurley/Keaveny/Shiel/Flynn - Ireland

Offline VAL IN NEWPORT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 19:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply. I can't decypher the trade of her father Richard but it looks like Bi_ wer (deceased). Louisa was 25 years old born 1881 and William was 31 years old born 1875.Maybe I could email the image of the certificate to you for you to look at yourself. All I know is that Louisa worked as a servant at The Mount Manor House in St Andrews Dinas Powis at the time she got married in 1906. I have found a Louisa Watts on the 1901 census for Wales working as a servant in Newport in the St Woolos Stow Hill area but don't know if its the right one. George Ridout was Williams brother and Harriet Lloyd worked with Louisa and eventually married George. Hope this helps. Bye for now, Val

Offline looby lou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 March 07 16:44 GMT (UK) »
One of my relatives married a Ridout and I was given information on the Ridout family tree.  I have a William Ridout married to Louisa Watts Cardiff 1 July `1906 this William was born in Michaelston Dinas Powis, so I believe they are the same ones you are looking for.  I do not know who her parent were, but my information give me her birth as 1 oct 1883 at Merthyr Tydfil and her death as 1965 at Newport.  I hope this helps.
Looby

Offline VAL IN NEWPORT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 March 07 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Looby for that information, I will check it out and see if I can find her birth certificate. On her wedding certificate it has her father as Richard and I was always under the impression she was born in Somerset but it's worth looking into. Is your family tree on a website anywhere that I can look at or would you be able to give me the info by email? I'm trying to find photos of the people in my tree, do you know of anyone that has any?
Thanks, Val

Offline looby lou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 March 07 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val,
I haven't actually got the information on line, all the information I have on Ridouts I had from Brian Ridout born in Penarth who is one of your relations.  Are you on Genes Reunited, if so, that is how I contacted him.  Unfortunately I can not find his home e mail address, as I have changed computers, and in the middle of decorating, I can not access my back up discs at present.  If you are not a member of Genes, I can contact him for you via the site and pass on your e mail address if you so wish.  He may also have photo's which you could be interested in.  He was very helpful to me, when I was looking for my great grandmothers sister Mary who married a Ridout, she is buried in Bedwas with her husband Rufus Ridout, Brian was kind enough to send me the information and also a map of the Churchyard.
Elaine