Author Topic: Would it be too difficult to trace someone through...  (Read 836 times)

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Would it be too difficult to trace someone through...
« on: Monday 31 July 06 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think I know the answer but incase it's been digitalised and I don't know!  how difficult would it be to trace someone on the electoral rolls for 1947 and 1948 based on very little information?

All I know is her first names were Flo(Florence) Maud (or Mary) Gregory but she was married by this time and I have no idea of her married surname.

The only possible surnames may be Jago/Kirke/Allen/Furmage or May and they lived in the Plymouth area.  She had a son and maybe a daughter who were both married by this time probably.

She went to Australia in about 1849/50.

If only I could get to the census of 1941!!!!!  She was a dressmaker so perhaps she is in a directory?

What does do think!

Many thanks

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
Re: Would it be too difficult to trace someone through...
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 July 06 13:57 BST (UK) »
Alas, there wasn't a census in 1941 because of the war.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast