Author Topic: Gunn/McKay  (Read 1937 times)

Offline toali66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gunn/McKay
« on: Monday 31 July 06 18:20 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on a John Gunn age 37 occupation Labourer, fathers name Adam Gunn, mothers name Barbara Gunn m/s Sutherland married a Alexine McKay age 18 fathers name George MacKay, mother Isabella MacKay m/s McKenzie at Macduff on the thirteenth of January 1858 would love to know if john was married before and when his parents married and his wife`s parents to. ::)

bervonian

Re: Gunn/McKay
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 July 06 22:45 BST (UK) »
There is a submission in the I.G.I. for the birth of John Gunn on 28 Feb 1829 at Shurey, Reay, Caithness, and his baptism on 29 Mar 1829 at Benachielt, Latheron, Caithness.  His parents, Adam Gunn and Barbara Sutherland were married 11 Dec 1828, Latheron, Caithness. There are also two entries for the marriage of the parents of his wife Alexine McKay:-

George McKay & Isabella McKenzie, 29 Dec 1828 St Nicholas, Aberdeen, and 16 Sep 1848 St Nicholas.  Unless the second date refers to a different couple with the same names, I suspect that it should be 16 Sep 1828.  If you lookup the marriage certificate of Adam and Barbara on ScotlandsPeople it will give Adam's marital status.

Isles.