Author Topic: Yealmpton Marriage/Kingcombe  (Read 759 times)

Offline Rowdy Jnr

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
Yealmpton Marriage/Kingcombe
« on: Tuesday 01 August 06 09:31 BST (UK) »
I'm trying to find out who Robert Kingcombe married!

He appears with either Catherine or Caroline (possibly a transcription error) on the 1841/51/61 census.

First child born Yealmpton about 1833.

Two of the children have the middle name of Martin which makes me think she was Catherine Martin but I have no proof.

Help please anyone.... ::)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Clark,Clarke,Kitson,Firth,Aked,Robinson,Senior,Towers,Heaton,Lee,Smith,Tattersal,Aldersley,Tempest,Priestley,Wood,Glaister and many more.

Bingley, Keighley,Haworth,Elslack,Carlton,Lothersdale,Skipton,Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Arkholme, Croston,Lancaster,Lancashire.
Longtown,Whitehaven,Carlisle,Cumberland.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Yealmpton Marriage/Kingcombe
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 August 06 23:31 BST (UK) »
They only had 2 children on the 1841 census aged 5 and 2.  The 1851 shows other children. You could look for any of those births after 1837 on the GRO index and get a copy of a birth cert which would give you her maiden name

The 1841 shows a clear Caroline and the 1851 is a clear Catherine.  However, there is a death on freebmd for a Caroline Kingcombe in the March quarter 1846 Plympton St Mary which ties up with the birth of the last child on the 1851 census.  I have checked for a re-marriage from 1846-1851 on the full GRO index but nothing is listed
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bishenbertie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Yealmpton Marriage/Kingcombe
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 March 09 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Are you still researching "kingcombe" family?  We may be able to share information.
Westbrook - London, Oxford
Squibb, Brooks - London
Kingcombe, Parsons, Penny, Crocker, Brooks - Devon