Author Topic: Gordon George Smith, Theresa (Late Jones), Nee Mckenna  (Read 794 times)

Offline millfield

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gordon George Smith, Theresa (Late Jones), Nee Mckenna
« on: Tuesday 01 August 06 15:56 BST (UK) »
Has anybody any Info? on Gordon George Smith, who married Theresa (Late Jones), Formerly Mckenna, on 26 July 1913 in West Derby, Liverpool He was 28 Theresa was 32, There where 5 children, Gordon, Ronnie, were Gordon's children not to sure about the others Lil and Doreen who was a twin. Gordon George Smith was a ships baker Merchant Navy His Father name was Henry Smith a cook and baker on steamships.
He lived at 30 Mcleod Street Everton When he got married. I can not find anything else about him He was my Grandad.

millfield

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Gordon George Smith, Theresa (Late Jones), Nee Mckenna
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 August 06 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Millfield,

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

It sounds like you have made a great start having Gordon and Theresa's Wedding certificate.

From Gordon's age at the Wedding it suggests that he would have been born around 1885-ish. I have had a look at the St Catherines Index, which is a list of all Births, Deaths and Marriages and found two possible matches both in West Derby...

A) The first quarter of 1885 8b 505
B) The first quarter of 1886 8b 620

I also found a death of one of these children in the first quarter of 1892 he was aged roughly aged 6...

If you wanted to obtain copies of these Birth Certificates, you can purchase these for about £7.00.

Regards

Sarah

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline millfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 August 06 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thanks for your help but I have seen the birth certificate of one 8b 505 and it is not him, I have also looked at the 1891 census and I am sure both the ones you mentioned were on the census but not the one I looking for. 
Adding to this me and my sisters have been told our Henry Smith's Father was a Captain Jenkins Merchant navy who married a lady above his station, so had to change his name, thats how we became Smith. This would be my Gt Gt Grandad.  Any Info from anyone to This mystery

Thanks
Millfield

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 August 06 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Millfield,

Do you have witnesses on the certificate, maybe these may be siblings or close relatives ?

Have you a death certificate for Gordon, maybe there was a little confusion on the year he was born ??

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline millfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 August 06 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

One witness is Theresa sister, the other The Mark of a Louisa Lewis, So I am not sure.  Gordon went to Australia and said he would send for the family but they never heard from him again so no Death Certificate. How he got to Australia we don't know,  and we don't know the year he went.

Thank you for your help
Millfield